Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker didn't win MOTY. Krakouer did.
Didn't see Eddie using his media platform to degrade an opposition player that time.

Mustn't have cared for some reason

anyone who has played will tell you those marks like JD takes are basically hum drum.. you jump off your own power, hit the back and land on your feet, dosent feel all that special, better than a normal mark but not..epic

Its the marks you take when you get on a back with a plan to mark but get that little unexpected extra lift and you have a little moment of panic like thinking...how am I going to land this? where's the ground? then you have to re adjust your position to grab the ball and try to brace for a landing

Those are the ripper marks - like Howes.

only my opinion.

anyone who has played will tell you those marks like JD takes are basically hum drum.. you jump off your own power, hit the back and land on your feet, dosent feel all that special, better than a normal mark but not..epic

Its the marks you take when you get on a back with a plan to mark but get that little unexpected extra lift and you have a little moment of panic like thinking...how am I going to land this? where's the ground? then you have to re adjust your position to grab the ball and try to brace for a landing

Those are the ripper marks - like Howes.

only my opinion.

But what about when your timing and leap are so pure that it's the perfect ride, you only use the contact to maintain balance then you clunk the ball at it's highest point before landing like a cat? That's pure football. The other one sounds more like an "oh s**t" moment and a bit of a fluke.

Would Daniher be able to take that grab without a stepladder? No, he still needs a ride to get that height and it's judged to perfection.

/devil's advocate

But what about when your timing and leap are so pure that it's the perfect ride, you only use the contact to maintain balance then you clunk the ball at it's highest point before landing like a cat? That's pure football. The other one sounds more like an "oh s**t" moment and a bit of a fluke.

Would Daniher be able to take that grab without a stepladder? No, he still needs a ride to get that height and it's judged to perfection.

/devil's advocate

im mainly saying moty and goty have zero place being at the brownlow, a serious event...

its a hit and giggle 'award' that should be on GF day or somewhere a little less serious.

they may as well award it via a decibel meter.. ok crowd, cheer for your favorite now!

re: your mark comments, I was talking from my personal experience - the few times I did get up, it was the times that you picked up the little extra lift and lost track of your surroundings that felt more awesome!

ill take it over perfection ;)

I'm not sure what's funnier- Eddie rightfully (IMO) sooking about Howe not getting it this year, or Eddie sooking about Tarrant's mark being better than Moorcroft's and getting tumbleweeds as the reply.

FWIW, I thought Howe's was even better than Daw's last year, yet Daniher's last year was better than this year...so there you go.

im mainly saying moty and goty have zero place being at the brownlow, a serious event...

its a hit and giggle 'award' that should be on GF day or somewhere a little less serious.

they may as well award it via a decibel meter.. ok crowd, cheer for your favorite now!

re: your mark comments, I was talking from my personal experience - the few times I did get up, it was the times that you picked up the little extra lift and lost track of your surroundings that felt more awesome!

I agree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like you, you're always so witty and funny...

Didn't see Eddie using his media platform to degrade an opposition player that time.

Mustn't have cared for some reason
Surprised he's weighed into this trivial joke but far out I wish a few others had have had the balls to back him when he was trying to fight the COLA issue.

crying-footballer.jpg

I'll go against the grain and say Joe didn't deserve MOTY.

It was Howe then daylight for me.

It was Walker vs Krakouer again.

Against the grain? That's pretty much consensus. I'd even go as far as to say given the situation the mark he took against Sydney (in the H/A game) is his best grab this year.

The fact that this is now a thing and Rioli winning despite probably kicking the 6th best goal of the year has flown straight through to the keeper is as baffling as it is meaningless

Mark and goal of the year used to be so huge they were announced on sportsworld the Sunday morning after the gf...

Then they were decided by 0055 number on gf day itself..

Dunno why putt it onto brownlow night and made it a medal thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back