Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank *...

He couldn't have kept going at the rate he was, for any period of time.

Now don't play him for the rest of 2018 if he need to recover. There is no need to rush him back.

“Going right back at the very end of last season Joe had some groin pain,” Crow said on the SKINS Injury Update on Tuesday.

then...

Daniher had a further setback against the Hawks, sending the club on a mission to find out the root cause of his soreness.

Seriously, why the **** aren't they looking into the root cause at the end of last season?!?! Or is it a case of they thought they did but got it wrong?
They did look in to it last season. He went through a course of rehab through the off/pre-season and was ready to go at the start of the year, until he re-injured it in r2. Not sure where the problem is with that.

As for playing on, there are dozens of blokes in the league doing the same with groin issues as we speak (though far less than a decade ago). In hindsight, would certainly look like the wrong call, but it certainly isn't an isolated case.

They did look in to it last season. He went through a course of rehab through the off/pre-season and was ready to go at the start of the year, until he re-injured it in r2. Not sure where the problem is with that.

As for playing on, there are dozens of blokes in the league doing the same with groin issues as we speak (though far less than a decade ago). In hindsight, would certainly look like the wrong call, but it certainly isn't an isolated case.
My issue with that is it appears they were not looking for the root cause back then but just treating the symptom. Surely the time for looking into the root cause is the end of the season and the time for getting players through things by treating the symptom is finals.

Last edited:
I am fuming about this, I can't believe the incompetence of the coaching staff to back him up off a 4 day break coming off Anzac Day knowing he had bad groins.

Carrying a long term injury, which causes him enough pain that he cannot train. And then have him play 3 games in 11 days.

It's borderline negligent.

This is either 2 things.

A horrific cover story to remove joe from the spotlight for a few weeks and get his head right. Nothing like an "injury" to take the heat off you.

Or

This is such a botch job by the club. Im all for players playing hurt. It happens. But if you cannot give 100% when you cross that line. You should not be out there.

And if it is true, having tightness at the end of last year and not doing anything about it till now. Jesus christ, what the hell were you thinking!

This is either 2 things.

A horrific cover story to remove joe from the spotlight for a few weeks and get his head right. Nothing like an "injury" to take the heat off you.

Or

This is such a botch job by the club. Im all for players playing hurt. It happens. But if you cannot give 100% when you cross that line. You should not be out there.

And if it is true, having tightness at the end of last year and not doing anything about it till now. Jesus christ, what the hell were you thinking!

They did do something, he trained less and they strengthened the muscle group around the area

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My issue with that is it appears they were not looking for the root cause back then but just treating the symptom. Surely the time for looking into the root cause is the end of the season and the time for getting players through things by treating the symptom is finals.
The "root cause" line is journalistic rubbish that's been chucked in to the article, not a quote from Crow. They have long been well aware of the situation.

I’ve been paying attention to Justin Crow spin recently.

“That will be a minimum of four weeks (on the sidelines), but we’ll be taking as long as required to make sure that Joe is fully recovered and available to play at his best.

Seeya in 2019 Joey.

I’ve been paying attention to Justin Crow spin recently.

“That will be a minimum of four weeks (on the sidelines), but we’ll be taking as long as required to make sure that Joe is fully recovered and available to play at his best.

Seeya in 2019 Joey.
At least he disn’t call it a knock.

The "root cause" line is journalistic rubbish that's been chucked in to the article, not a quote from Crow. They have long been well aware of the situation.
Ah yes my mistake, thought that was in the quotes from Crow.

Nonetheless we are talking degrees of ineptitude here.

Apologies to the mods for the intrusion.

AFL said on twitter it's early onset osteitis pubis, which really isn't an injury you see as much in the AFL anymore.

It's an **** of an injury- Chris Judd and Libba both had the same thing, as has Brad Crouch, who's 7 weeks on the sidelines and counting, although in a more severe form, so good thing they caught it in its early stages. 4 weeks is pretty optimistic here though. Best of luck to JD for a quick recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back