Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t buy this, far more likely explanation is that the second best forward in the AFL all of a sudden just became dogshit over night for no apparent reason.

Fair dinkum, Justin Crow must’ve been the last to work out something was up

Justin Crows position seriously needs to be looked at hard.
I want to say I find it hard to believe that the high performance people are working without proper oversight..... but it really isn't that difficult to believe, sadly.

Either that or whoever is overruling him. Can he play? Well he could but he shouldn't. but can he? yeaahhhhss...? okay cool *writes Daniher's name on the team sheet*

You would have thought that 3 games in 12 days would not be the smartest thing for someone with a groin/OP injury.
At a minimum you would have thought the melbourne game should have been a rested game.
There are mice in the machinery at Tulla at the moment......

Doss mentioned something along these lines after Anzac Day. I agreed at the time as he could not jump at all.
The issue I have is along the lines of a few others here. I know it is not an exact science with OP and having had it on and off myself for years it can be hard to deal with as some days are worse than others but you have to question why they went this long. Lets face it although it is not our only issue it has certainly been one of the bigger problems and you could ask has it cost us a game or two.

I started having big concerns after what happened with Laverde.
Did Ambrose not reinjure a quad at training after coming back too early? Pretty sure it was in either match simulation or a full praccy too...i.e. he was playing match scenarios before he should have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way he’ll only miss 4 games, and seriously if we’re bottom four and out of contention in a months time why even risk him? If he was having some of this pain late last season then he should take a few months off.

Astonished like others though that he wasn’t rested when we had 3 games in 11 days! WTF?!

Surely Justin Crow isn’t diagnosing injuries.

Well no, but he is in constant talks with the players and doctors, and oversees a lot of injury prevention strategies. No doubt he would've been one of the key staff involved to allow Joe to player after his Round 2 setback.

Much ado about nothing - Players often try to play through injuries - Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - There is a reason why so many players have off-season surgery.

No way he’ll only miss 4 games, and seriously if we’re bottom four and out of contention in a months time why even risk him? If he was having some of this pain late last season then he should take a few months off.

Astonished like others though that he wasn’t rested when we had 3 games in 11 days! WTF?!
If its onset then possibly
A few players over the years have only missed a month, maybe a week or two more.

If its onset then possibly
A few players over the years have only missed a month, maybe a week or two more.

It’s been ‘onsetting’ for a while by the sounds of it, having groin problems late last season, flaring up pre season.

Hannebery has tried to play through it and people were wondering why his form had dropped off so bad. Now looks like he’s torn something. Josh Kelly tried playing through it now looks like may be out for some time.

Much ado about nothing - Players often try to play through injuries - Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - There is a reason why so many players have off-season surgery.

Agreed completely. Playing clearly injured players, where that injury clearly hampers their abilities, isn't a big deal at all. After all, if a player can wait until the off-season to get surgery on a wrist, they can clearly play 3 games in 11 games with osteities pubis.
We are lucky to be able support a club that always seem to be all over what is happening, medically wise...

Yeah - off-season. We are nowhere near the off-season.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but on the face of it there was little reason we should have been playing him rather than resting him earlier. It's been affecting his game quite severely and we've been gaining nothing from playing him - in fact he's kind of been a liability because of his inability to run and jump.

Agreed completely. Playing clearly injured players, where that injury clearly hampers their abilities, isn't a big deal at all. After all, if a player can wait until the off-season to get surgery on a wrist, they can clearly play 3 games in 11 games with osteities pubis.
We are lucky to be able support a club that always seem to be all over what is happening, medically wise...

Yes, no need for the trumpets and fanfare. Key player tries to play through injury. It doesn’t work out. He has weeks off. With OP there is no guarantee that resting through the first few weeks of th season would see Joe totally fit for R4. Just as there is no guarantee he will be back after a month off. Injuries don’t always mean the fitness / medical team needs sacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back