Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older players lose touch if they are out of the game for long periods - Lloyd ended up missing 12 months and was never the same player - It's crazy thinking to put a player on ice for the last 3 or 4 games after coming off a long term injury - I expect the club to play Gleeson for the last couple of games in 2018 if he has recovered from his injury.
The only thing crazy here is your theory, as donakebab amusingly pointed out. Best not continue repeating it.

Cant believe we smash WCE and big Joe didnt play. A fit Joe in this team will be very exciting
Reckon Joe was trying to do too much. Having the rest of the team playing a much improved game, is going to take a lot of pressure off him.

He will probably take a path similar to Jack Reiwoldt where rather than being the primary match winner and having huge pressure and expectations on him each time he steps on the field, will now play a role in a winning team.

Not sure where to post this.
We're certainly a better team with Joe but the issue I have when he is in the team the kick inside 50 we try and plonk it on his head for him to wrestle or leap on the defendera head which is unrealistic and unlikely will happen. The game against WC all the inside 50 kicks the players lowered their eyes and kicked it into space for the leaded forwards.

The way we’re playing adding a fully fit Joe would scare the hell out of any team. Opens up the whole forward line. No coincidence both Hooker and Stewart struggled this year up forward. It would make Jake even more dangerous. Plus the added benefit that Joe is a better relief ruckman than either Stewart or McKernan.

Don’t think he’ll play again this year going from latest club reports.

Older players lose touch if they are out of the game for long periods - Lloyd ended up missing 12 months and was never the same player - It's crazy thinking to put a player on ice for the last 3 or 4 games after coming off a long term injury - I expect the club to play Gleeson for the last couple of games in 2018 if he has recovered from his injury.

I get what you’re saying and I think the game can “go past” some older players but Joey isn’t in that bracket. I’d love be him to get done game time later this season

The way we’re playing adding a fully fit Joe would scare the hell out of any team. Opens up the whole forward line. No coincidence both Hooker and Stewart struggled this year up forward. It would make Jake even more dangerous. Plus the added benefit that Joe is a better relief ruckman than either Stewart or McKernan.

I'd say a lot depends on whether we play finals. He has been maintaining his fitness.

He's really not a better ruck than Smack.

Once this guy is fit (be it this season or next), it'll benefit him to have an extra umpire watching all the blocking on leads and in marking contests, as he cops it a lot (although he does himself no favours by exaggerating contact at times).

Add to that a team moving the ball like Essendon currently is and it could be fun times ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only mention of Joe is stating that he and Laverde are our only soft tissue injuries. No update, so still not even running. 100% done for the season. He ded.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-07-03/skins-injury-update-rd-16

With only key forward Joe Daniher and Laverde out of the side with non-impact injuries, Crow said he is satisfied with the availability of the squad heading into the back end of the season.

The complete mismanagement of Joe makes me angrier with each passing week. What on Earth were they thinking?!

As easy as it is blaming the club for poor asset management, you can blame Daniher as well. He has history in putting his hand up saying he was right to play when he clearly wasn't. It's just poor all round.

As easy as it is blaming the club for poor asset management, you can blame Daniher as well. He has history in putting his hand up saying he was right to play when he clearly wasn't. It's just poor all round.
Sure it is his fault in that it is his pubis that has osteitis, but unless he has a medical degree I would not expect an eager young player to be in a position to judge whether they can play through the pain.

I'm still hoping... At least he's doing some light running now even if he doesn't make it back this season.

The club are sending the right message though. Whether we make finals or not he's only playing if he's right to go.

I'm still hoping... At least he's doing some light running now even if he doesn't make it back this season.

The club are sending the right message though. Whether we make finals or not he's only playing if he's right to go.
Reckon if we happen to scrape into finals, there may be some casualties. Having a fit Daniher as backup may be the difference between winning and losing a final. But only play if he is fit and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back