Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/07/17/what-we-learned-from-round-17/

The next Buddy?
The night before Franklin tore it apart, we might have seen the next forward who has the scope to take over games like the Swan does.

Joe Daniher is coming into his own and not a moment too soon. Daniher’s blend of joy, talent, newfound accuracy, strong marking and athleticism makes him the quintessential modern day key forward target.

He possesses Franklin attributes. The Bomber can use his pace and quickness to break away from his direct opponent and finds a way to kicks goals in positions that nobody else could. One area where Daniher probably has the edge on Franklin is marking, as the young Don is one of the leagues best at grabbing the footy overheard.

Daniher recently re-signed with the Bombers, which will turn out to be one of the most underrated deals of the season. Even if he was never going to leave, it is surprising to see Daniher didn’t attract the amount of public attention he deserves.

The next Buddy?
The night before Franklin tore it apart, we might have seen the next forward who has the scope to take over games like the Swan does.

Joe Daniher is coming into his own and not a moment too soon. Daniher’s blend of joy, talent, newfound accuracy, strong marking and athleticism makes him the quintessential modern day key forward target.

He possesses Franklin attributes. The Bomber can use his pace and quickness to break away from his direct opponent and finds a way to kicks goals in positions that nobody else could. One area where Daniher probably has the edge on Franklin is marking, as the young Don is one of the leagues best at grabbing the footy overheard.

Daniher recently re-signed with the Bombers, which will turn out to be one of the most underrated deals of the season. Even if he was never going to leave, it is surprising to see Daniher didn’t attract the amount of public attention he deserves.
Daniher > Franklin

The next Buddy?

Other teams would love to have Joe in their forward line and he's all ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are the team you either love or love to hate, with players you either love or love to hate.

Garry Lyon would seem to be no exception.

I'm pretty sure everyone hates us. Some people just say "I love the way Essendon play" it doesn't mean they love us as a club.

I'm pretty sure everyone hates us. Some people just say "I love the way Essendon play" it doesn't mean they love us as a club.
I was including our own supporters as well as the neutrals. Everyone has an opinion on the club, and it's usually one of the two extremes.

Better than being irrelevant and forgotten I suppose.

Might be biased but I think our whole forwardline is the best.

If we had a great midfield we would win the next ten premierships. Will have to settle for five.

Up there with Crows also was said during the game we are 3rd for accuracy in set shots.

Biggest improvement this year that's for sure.

Joe landed on his feet.

Howe's always look really nice because he marks them no matter how unbalanced he is in the air but Joe just goes straight up and gets higher like he's been double bounced on a trampoline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back