Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Trade Radio on Wednesday with him pomping around was cringe. Such a self important douchebag.
I only listened to it for an hour until about 10.30 I think when it turned out no-one would be in the lodgement office until 3. Then turned it off and only turned it back on at 3 due to updating the draft order and stuff. Had it on in the background though and thankfully his voice is pretty easy to tune out. Can't imagine actually watching him speak counting as entertainment.

I only listened to it for an hour until about 10.30 I think when it turned out no-one would be in the lodgement office until 3. Then turned it off and only turned it back on at 3 due to updating the draft order and stuff. Had it on in the background though and thankfully his voice is pretty easy to tune out. Can't imagine actually watching him speak counting as entertainment.
Also I'm pretty sure it was Derwayne and Cooney until about 3.50 when Purple unceremoniously turfed Dwayne out of the big chair and then Mitch Cleary turned up as well. Was a pretty solid hijacking of the limelight there. Cooney still finished his shift though.

Also I'm pretty sure it was Derwayne and Cooney until about 3.50 when Purple unceremoniously turfed Dwayne out of the big chair and then Mitch Cleary turned up as well. Was a pretty solid hijacking of the limelight there. Cooney still finished his shift though.

I switched on when it was Purple, Cooney and Cleary. Purple acting all matesy with Cooney was v cringe.

I switched on when it was Purple, Cooney and Cleary. Purple acting all matesy with Cooney was v cringe.
Cooney is good on the Don Air podcast but I feel that he's a bit out of his depth on trade stuff unless they're discussing Essendon's list, what it's like to go pick 1 or his experience of being traded. Anything else is just not something he knows much about. I thought his insight about being traded to us in the same year as Ryder was interesting though.

Barrett is all over the place. He stated Raz was desperate to get out! What? Raz decided to stay.

Then he says if players want to get out you get them out by making deals that suit YOUR club!! Well the other side didn’t allow us to and you even called them out on it!

Guy’s a moron.

Barrett is all over the place. He stated Raz was desperate to get out! What? Raz decided to stay.

Then he says if players want to get out you get them out by making deals that suit YOUR club!! Well the other side didn’t allow us to and you even called them out on it!

Guy’s a moron.
It would probably make me vomit to know how much he gets paid to be a troll.

Guy’s a moron.

agreed, especially when he only stated 1-2 days ago that Sydney,not Essendon, form was ordinary in not getting Daniher across the line after targeting him during the trade period

Guy’s a moron.
It is pretty much standard stuff from him. Strange really as he has good sources but can not help throwing out his negative opinions about all things footy rather than using his stuff in a positive manor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s not my point, and wouldn’t expect players to come at the click of our fingers. My point was that to get a contracted player to Sydney, Essendon wanted a player back. It was then up to Sydney to canvas their players to see if they were interested, and they didn’t even want to engage in that. I respect that it has to be mutual on all sides, but if Sydney were never going to engage in the player exchange, this should have been killed off on day one. All the talk of which draft picks was totally irrelevant.

If any star Sydney players were interested in moving they would have come forward to the club - And my post agrees with your statement that this could have been killed off on day one.

Over on the D&T Board they're saying that Daniher's girlfriend got a job offer in Sydney.... Hence the move request. Did anyone hear anything to that effect?
Had a quick look at the D&T board. I think it was Papley's girlfriend who got a job offer in Melbourne not Joe's gf in Sydney.

I actually think it was probably more like what Dodoro said it was: A respectful negotiation where the two participants just couldn’t find a compromise. There is no point letting emotion enter into it... it is what it is. We move on and if Joe still wants to go next year he can walk if he chooses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back