Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Biggest-Future-Table.jpg

Found this over on the Dogs board, whoever mate these ratings is a right spud.

It was obviously done a few years ago and a lot has happened since then. Right now the rankings are fairly clear: Hogan > Daniher > Patton > Boyd.

Some of the valuations are pretty goofy. Hard to imagine that there was a time when Patton was as fast as Daniher. Boyd with that elite leadership? Well at least they identified that Boyd's fitness is dreadful.

think this was done pre-draft. i seem to remember it and thinking it od that Boyd was given strength over Hogan, who is a J.Brown clone if ever there was one.
And Joey's marking was under-estimated.
As for leadership, i would imagine much of that would be flipped. Patton and Joey have been through some tough times and shown great resilience.
Hogan goes about things quietly but his contract will be a great process for his maturity i feel
As for Boyd.....

Graphic is presumably from before the 2013 draft (given it says 'likely no 1, 2013').

I've got no issue with it because even though I didn't rate Boyd as highly as others obviously did he completely dominated junior footy, and that's all you can really assess him on at that point. Boyd already having 8 kilos on Joe even though Joe had already been in the system for a year and a bit is a real eye opener though.

If you were to reassess now Joe would obviously nestle in just behind Hogan and way in front of the other two though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to see him kick 4.

Should finish the season with 40 goals.

Given the number of shots on goal he takes to kick 40, and all of the trouble he has had in a forward system that has only just started to look as though it is professional it's a massive effort.

10 straight games of 2 or more goals now. Anyone else in the league done that?

Particularly in a side that has lost all 10 of those games, what an effort. Only 2 games without a goal for the season.

It's an impressive effort given how ordinary our forward delivery has been and how infrequently it goes up forward. He's also kicked 23.11 during that period and while there is probably an out-of-bounce or two that's not a bad strike-rate.

I wouldn't call 4.1 his usual old habit.
3.1 (one of which was from the goalsquare) and one on the full after that beautiful right foot snap wasn't it?
He has only just worked out he is a natural right footer. He should kick plenty from here on in.
Snaps and Torps are very hard to do on your opposite I've found. Yet he executed a right foot snap with ease.

10 straight games of 2 or more goals now. Anyone else in the league done that?

Particularly in a side that has lost all 10 of those games, what an effort. Only 2 games without a goal for the season.

Forget the rest of the league, the last Essendon player to do that was Lloyd in 2004. He managed 11 weeks in a row that season and 17 in a row in 2001. Before Lloyd it seems that the last time it was done was in 1974 when Allan Noonan did it 13 weeks in a row.

The likes of Hird, Lucas, Salmon, Madden, Watson, TD, etc never managed it.

This is only in a season and ignores games they did not play, across seasons is for cheating scumbags. :p

Last edited:
Forget the rest of the league, the last Essendon player to do that was Lloyd in 2004. He managed 11 weeks in a row which was the only time he ever managed it. Before Lloyd it seems that the last time it was done was in 1974 when Allan Noonan did it 13 weeks in a row.

Lloyd did it 15 times in a row in 1999/2000. Last six games of 1999 and first nine games of 2000. He also had a massive run during 2001/02 but he missed a couple of games.

Forget the rest of the league, the last Essendon player to do that was Lloyd in 2004. He managed 11 weeks in a row which was the only time he ever managed it. Before Lloyd it seems that the last time it was done was in 1974 when Allan Noonan did it 13 weeks in a row.

Eh? Lloyd kicked 2 or more goals for 22 consecutive games (missed a few games through injury and suspension) Round 6 2001 - Round 5 2002 kicking 111 goals.

Lloyd did it 15 times in a row in 1999/2000. Last six games of 1999 and first nine games of 2000. He also had a massive run during 2001/02 but he missed a couple of games.

Bleh was only counting across single seasons, but I did strangely somehow miss 2001 when he managed 17 times in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back