Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On track to score more goals than last year. 50+ goals in 2017.
Tracking nicely with 30.23 and a bunch of ootf with 5 games left in the season. (ignore the 26.22, this week hasn't been updated yet) Hasn't given away as many frees as the previous two years too.
upload_2016-7-26_15-19-10.png

Tracking nicely with 30.23 and a bunch of ootf with 5 games left in the season. (ignore the 26.22, this week hasn't been updated yet) Hasn't given away as many frees as the previous two years too.
View attachment 269724

He's not really on a bad development curve at all. Your post also totally reminded me of how many free kicks he used to give away over the last 2 years. He has improved a lot in that area.

I'm also trying to think how much time he has spent in the ruck this year compared to last year. Thinking that its way less and also that when he has been in there he's been far more effective than last year.

Another thing that surprised me was less tackles per game. I hadn't noticed but surprising he's down in this area even though I am sure that his tank has improved this season on last year.

He's not really on a bad development curve at all. Your post also totally reminded me of how many free kicks he used to give away over the last 2 years. He has improved a lot in that area.

I'm also trying to think how much time he has spent in the ruck this year compared to last year. Thinking that its way less and also that when he has been in there he's been far more effective than last year.

Another thing that surprised me was less tackles per game. I hadn't noticed but surprising he's down in this area even though I am sure that his tank has improved this season on last year.

If you don't tackle you can't give away free kicks for going high....

The frees against don't include out on the fulls, as he has no frees against him against Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well 4.5 a game would get you the 100. With the amount of behinds and OOTF he kicks every game from simple shots, getting one extra goal a half would be almost automatic if someone fixed up his kicking. Could easily win the Coleman next year if he can get right.

Well 4.5 a game would get you the 100. With the amount of behinds and OOTF he kicks every game from simple shots, getting one extra goal a half would be almost automatic if someone fixed up his kicking. Could easily win the Coleman next year if he can get right.

It's a pretty tall order. This season Daniher is averaging 3.2 scoring shots a game (not counting OOTF). By comparison, Kennedy and Buddy average 5.0 and 5.3 scoring shots, respectively.

Even during the last 10 matches, where he has kicked 2 goals or more, he is still only averaging 3.3 scoring shots per game. For reference, Fantasia has averaged 4.1 scoring shots in his past eight games.

So for Daniher to become a Coleman Medal contender he needs to not only improve his accuracy but also increase the number of opportunities he gets. I see no reason though why he can't kick 50 next season.

It's a pretty tall order. This season Daniher is averaging 3.2 scoring shots a game (not counting OOTF). By comparison, Kennedy and Buddy average 5.0 and 5.3 scoring shots, respectively.

He kicked at least two out on the full last week, that takes him to 5+. I guarantee he's kicked at least 20 out on the full in the last 10 weeks. And for a forward kicking at goal, he should be getting at the least a behind from 90% of them. He scores from 90% of the OOTFs and he's at 5 scoring shots a game.

He kicked at least two out on the full last week, that takes him to 5+. I guarantee he's kicked at least 20 out on the full in the last 10 weeks. And for a forward kicking at goal, he should be getting at the least a behind from 90% of them. He scores from 90% of the OOTFs and he's at 5 scoring shots a game.

He has averaged 1.1 behinds per match over the past 10 rounds. You're estimating that he kicks it out on the full twice as often as he kicks a behind. I find that highly implausible.

22nd for total goals kicked this year, 10th for total goals kicked in the last five rounds. And that's even with so many going stray...

You reference Fantasia — he's 40th for total goals this season, and 6th over the last five rounds.
Fix up their kicking, add Hooker, then suddenly we've got three players that could be in Colman contention now or in the near future. Then throw in Langford, Laverde and Francis and maybe one more KPF and our forward-line is (finally) fixed.

Apparently Champion Data has a statistic called 'Shots' which includes Out on the fulls and shots that didn't make the distance, but I can't find this stat available anywhere. Anyone know anybody who can get this statistic?

Apparently Champion Data has a statistic called 'Shots' which includes Out on the fulls and shots that didn't make the distance, but I can't find this stat available anywhere. Anyone know anybody who can get this statistic?
I don't know about champion data, but if you go to the AFL website for a specific game and check the full statistics you can reverse engineer it from the goal accuracy stat.

i.e. if they kick two goals, two behinds and two out on the full, it will say 33%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back