Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, goal kicking accuracy is a big talking point when it comes to Joe. I've actually gone through the trouble at consulting the boys at the Fox Footy Lab, the place where only the toppest of top strategy talk takes place and have came back with the following.

The problem we currently have is Joe (as seen in the champion data map pictured below) will not allow for his natural swing as a left footer.

AMVxeQp.png

Now at first this seems like an unfix-able problem, one that would seem destined to plague Joe for his entire career, but at my time vising the boys at The Lab I came across former Western Bulldog great and fellow left footer turned scientist Brad Johnson (I know what you're saying, I didn't believe it either, I was always under the impression he was some dim witted *******)

Brad (seen pictured below during his studies when I visited) toiled for hours for a solution.

505922-efe4a6c8-052a-11e5-a51d-261bba26395a.jpg
e54411ff-3e73-4046-9f1c-2431a9d829a4_400.jpg

Before finally coming up with the solution (picture provided thanks to the great guys at champion data). It seems like the problem was with his initial trajectory so with a simple course correction Professor Brad solved the problem.

GfD96lo.png

When told of the news all Joe could do was to dream of his riches and spoils.

There you have it folks, thanks to the guys at The Lab and champion data for helping us sort this out and allowing me to share this secret with the world.

Now, goal kicking accuracy is a big talking point when it comes to Joe. I've actually gone through the trouble at consulting the boys at the Fox Footy Lab, the place where only the toppest of top strategy talk takes place and have came back with the following.

The problem we currently have is Joe (as seen in the champion data map pictured below) will not allow for his natural swing as a left footer.

AMVxeQp.png

Now at first this seems like an unfix-able problem, one that would seem destined to plague Joe for his entire career, but at my time vising the boys at The Lab I came across former Western Bulldog great and fellow left footer turned scientist Brad Johnson (I know what you're saying, I didn't believe it either, I was always under the impression he was some dim witted *******)

Brad (seen pictured below during his studies when I visited) toiled for hours for a solution.

Before finally coming up with the solution (picture provided thanks to the great guys at champion data). It seems like the problem was with his initial trajectory so with a simple course correction Professor Brad solved the problem.

GfD96lo.png

There you have it folks, thanks to the guys at The Lab and champion data for helping us sort this out and allowing me to share this secret with the world.

What the heck?

Can't Joe just aim more to the left? i.e the left goal post so when he inevitably hooks the kick, it still sails over the goal umpires head? Surely it can't be that easy.
His last set shot for goal last week he ran straight at the left side (between the left point and goal posts) and the ball sailed dead straight through the left side for a point.

its definitely mental. when he thinks he will hook it he kicks it straight, when he tries to kick straight, he hooks it

AMVxeQp.png

GfD96lo.png

Great. Love the banana onfield.

Joe's kicked 30 points for the year.

3 points to the left & 27 points to the right.

Definitely has technical problems hooking the ball.

I think Mark Allen for the technical side of things and a few sessions with a sports psychologist would do the trick with a preseason of practice.

The thing i noticed was there was a patch in tbe middle of the year where his accuracy was pretty reasonable. He nailed the chances he had most of the time some absolute dead eye shots with no swing.
Then he had a couple of bad weeks and the media turned up the heat on us and him and this bandaid fix came out which has only caused more controversy when it shouldnt really.
He is using a technique atm he feels comfortable with to close out the year and hopefully get us some wins. If it protects him from the torrent of abuse from players supporters and media experts on his hooked shots and gets the team goals for this last stretch of games its not a big deal.

AMVxeQp.png

GfD96lo.png

Wowza. That's some good science if you can get him kicking them from inside the 50 at the other end of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AMVxeQp.png

GfD96lo.png

Holy s**t I just came across this.

POTY right here!!

I know he's Hawthorn tainted but **** me get Peter Hudson down there to teach him.
I liked Peter Hudson. I even liked the other one. His son.

He seems to think snapping in front of goal is better than classically kicking through the ball..

This seems ridiculous to me...
Nope. It's just what he's doing now because that's what he's more comfortable doing at the moment. As long as it goes through, I couldn't really give two shits. Nobody shits on Stevie J for doing it. Doesn't really matter where it's from as long as it goes through.

s**t.

Sorry Joe, I don't have time to help you with your kicking any more because I have too many meedya commitments.

Nekminit.. I'm so frustrated with Joe's goal kicking. It's a cop out. He really needs some help with it from someone who can set shot good.

Ant said somewhere around here, wasn't time commitments, it was the restrictions placed on Lloyd that made him quit. Club wanted him to do nothing other than teach kicking, he wanted more of a role. Even if he was offered it this time round seems the bridge has been crossed. Chalk it up to yet another error by the blokes in charge at the time.

Ant said somewhere around here, wasn't time commitments, it was the restrictions placed on Lloyd that made him quit. Club wanted him to do nothing other than teach kicking, he wanted more of a role. Even if he was offered it this time round seems the bridge has been crossed. Chalk it up to yet another error by the blokes in charge at the time.

Why was it an error by the blokes in charge ? Lloyd's responsibility was to fix Joe's goal-kicking - Lloyd doesn't need to do anything else.

Sorry Joe, I don't have time to help you with your kicking any more because I have too many meedya commitments.

Nekminit.. I'm so frustrated with Joe's goal kicking. It's a cop out. He really needs some help with it from someone who can set shot good.

Hate to say it but Lloyd is a flog of the highest order. If he wasn't an Essendon champion he would be held in the same regard as David King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back