Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think he could kick 65 + goals next season.

Does anyone remember a few posters on here calling for him to be dumped to the VFL earlier in the season ?
I was one of them. I wasn't suggesting it for form though, I was under the impression he had personal things that were weighing on him a bit that were affecting his game.

I found it amusing when JD kicked an early goal against the Blues and after the slow mo replay the "expert commentator" said something like - "with a technique like that you wonder why he misses so many".
Bloody hell! It was obvious from his first shot on goal that he had made a few big changes. He had been trying to kick tge ball into the top tier but this game you could see that it was more about momentum forward and then a nice follow through without trying to kick it too hard.his ball drop was also lower which should have been an obvious talking point for them! It was almost back to the way he was kicking when Lloydy was coaching him.

Does anyone remember a few posters on here calling for him to be dumped to the VFL earlier in the season ?

There are two things stopping him from doing this.

Playing in such a poor team and missing so many easy shots.

I found it amusing when JD kicked an early goal against the Blues and after the slow mo replay the "expert commentator" said something like - "with a technique like that you wonder why he misses so many".
Bloody hell! It was obvious from his first shot on goal that he had made a few big changes. He had been trying to kick tge ball into the top tier but this game you could see that it was more about momentum forward and then a nice follow through without trying to kick it too hard.his ball drop was also lower which should have been an obvious talking point for them! It was almost back to the way he was kicking when Lloydy was coaching him.
I agree, it did often seem like he would try to kick the ball out of the stadium which probably just enhanced any technical flaws in his kicking.

I agree, it did often seem like he would try to kick the ball out of the stadium which probably just enhanced any technical flaws in his kicking.
If anything he seems to kick better when he winds right up. His accuracy from outside 60m would have to be close to 100%

When he was played out of the square he was.

Amazing that if you'd have followed my posts you would realise that since round 5 I wanted him at CHF.

Amazing that his whole season turned around once that happened

You're a bloody star!

When he was played out of the square he was.

Amazing that if you'd have followed my posts you would realise that since round 5 I wanted him at CHF.

Amazing that his whole season turned around once that happened
He was never a 1 trick show pony. Just admit, you posted a s**t post. He also played CHF since round 2, so again. Just a s**t post.

It's certainly possible. His form since round eight is consistent with a 53 goal season. I'd expect him to improve next season for a variety of reasons including another pre-season, better teammates and hopefully some more accurate kicking.

I'm still not sure why posters are patting themselves on the back saying "see, I told you Joe is a CHF".

He looks just as good standing on opponent's heads, taking pack marks and leading at the ball from deep in the forward 50 as he does working up to the wings to take marks and working back toward goal to create scoring opportunities.

He was never anchored to full forward anyway and would never be expected to play in a set position, though I would say that his best game of the year was still round 2 when he had 8 or 10 shots at goal most of which came from destroying Tom McDonald while at notional "full forward".

Funnily enough our lone key forward struggled for most of the first 10 rounds because we got the balance at the selection table wrong (with no Langford, Laverde and Grimley/McKernan accompanying him in the forward line) and it took a lot of time for our forward system and ball movement to become functional though it's obviously still only going at about 50% of its capacity.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still not sure why posters are patting themselves on the back saying "see, I told you Joe is a CHF".

He looks just as good standing on opponent's heads, taking pack marks and leading at the ball from deep in the forward 50 as he does working up to the wings to take marks and working back toward goal to create scoring opportunities.

He was never anchored to full forward anyway and would never be expected to play in a set position, though I would say that his best game of the year was still round 2 when he had 8 or 10 shots at goal most of which came from destroying Tom McDonald while at notional "full forward".

Funnily enough our lone key forward struggled for most of the first 10 rounds because we got the balance at the selection table wrong (with no Langford, Laverde and Grimley/McKernan accompanying him in the forward line) and it took a lot of time for our forward system and ball movement to become functional though it's obviously still only going at about 50% of its capacity.

Was not a pat on the back at all, merely an observation at the time that he was playing quite poorly

Was merely an observation that he was struggling to develop different approaches to impacting a game. Since being allowed to roam more freely he has enjoyed a lot more success.

In the month prior to the post Kakkle inadvertenyl bumped, Joe had done 98% of SFA and was completely justified in the trolling.
Boy did he return serve in a big way. 2+ goals in his next 10 games, 6 of these games included 6+ marks as well. A more complete, well rounded game to the one's he was dishing up in the first 5 weeks of the season (bar yes, the one game versus Melbourne).

At the time he was a run and jump only player. Go back to the tapes if you can be stuffed
Everyone told you were wrong then, and you were. Don't get pissy because they called you on your s**t again.

I agree with Yoda - JD was too immobile for the first 8 rounds - It came to a head the day he was opposed to Grundy of the Swans, and went shoulder to shoulder with Grundy for large parts of the game - Since that game JD's form was on an upward curve - This was created by JD playing more as ahigh forward and of course his movement was much better - It's much harder to play against JD now.

I agree with Yoda - JD was too immobile for the first 8 rounds - It came to a head the day he was opposed to Grundy of the Swans, and went shoulder to shoulder with Grundy for large parts of the game - Since that game JD's form was on an upward curve - This was created by JD playing more as ahigh forward and of course his movement was much better - It's much harder to play against JD now.

What?

Someone else noticed it too?

BF groupthink is just that. The pack mentality dictates what is right and what is wrong.

At least someone else noticed the same thing as me

Everyone told you were wrong then, and you were. Don't get pissy because they called you on your s**t again.

Ill stand by my observations that he was very much a one trick pony. Never do i make s**t up or just talk for the sake of it.

Follow my posting in this very thread and you can see i am a big big fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back