Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I do not understand is why he was in / accepted a spot the leadership group if he is not comfortable with the AFL bubble and the spot light.
Potentially feels he can be an onfield leader and leader around the club without needing to front the media?

Last edited:

One thing I do not understand is why he was in / accepted a spot the leadership group if he is not comfortable with the AFL bubble and the spot light.
He is not comfortable with being recognised and having people approach him. This would happen regardless of whether he is in the LG or not.

Hope he leaves, why would anyone with the potential he has want to stay at a club where we accept mediocrity, have shown nothing, have no leadership, nothing. I would be leaving and not looking back.

Hope he leaves, why would anyone with the potential he has want to stay at a club where we accept mediocrity, have shown nothing, have no leadership, nothing. I would be leaving and not looking back.

I don't understand how people with this mindset can be fans of the club, honestly..

I don't understand how people with this mindset can be fans of the club, honestly..

Mate I have been a member for 27 years. I have no love left for this club anymore. Its laughable how bad we are. How are we going to keep talent like Joe around? More importantly, how will we get them in? We haven't won a final in 14 years. Every club apart from Gold Coast have won at least one final. We have no leadership, we are gutless, we have nobody who will make the big calls.

If I was a close friend or a family member of Joe's I would be telling him to leave.

Mate I have been a member for 27 years. I have no love left for this club anymore. Its laughable how bad we are. How are we going to keep talent like Joe around? More importantly, how will we get them in? We haven't won a final in 14 years. Every club apart from Gold Coast have won at least one final. We have no leadership, we are gutless, we have nobody who will make the big calls.

If I was a close friend or a family member of Joe's I would be telling him to leave.

Lol I thought you were being sarcastic

It’s just a footy game mate

And if we encourage players like Joe to leave, how do we rise from mediocrity?

By making big decisions, tough ones.

Starting with the top to bottom. I could go through so many things I would change and get rid of people in roles they shouldn't be in. But this thread is about Joey D. The 1 of only 2 genuine drawcards we have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t be serious?

Lol I thought you were being sarcastic

It’s just a footy game mate

Nah, the resentment I have for my football club is amazing. I reckon I have shelved out 15k in membership fees over the years. It's not a great deal of money granted, but I could've invested my coin elsewhere.

By making big decisions, tough ones.

Starting with the top to bottom. I could go through so many things I would change and get rid of people in roles they shouldn't be in. But this thread is about Joey D. The 1 of only 2 genuine drawcards we have.

Decisions about getting in Saad, Stringer, Smith and Shiel were wrong? Re-signing Redman, Tippa, Parish? These weren’t big decisions? You don’t think these type of decisions will attract and keep best players here?

Decisions about getting in Saad, Stringer, Smith and Shiel were wrong? Re-signing Redman, Tippa, Parish? These weren’t big decisions? You don’t think these type of decisions will attract and keep best players here?

No, they are fantastic ones. I am talking about how scared we are to make changes to our list. Our coaching staff, our game plan. How the * can we keep Rutten around to take over Worsfold in 2021, why not do it now? What is the point of that? I dunno what Mark Harvey does, I think he just likes to wear the apparel. Rob Harding our offensive coach, if he is the * head that tells our players to put it on top of Tippas head and bomb in long and deep to 3 on 1s every time, he can * off too.

He is not comfortable with being recognised and having people approach him. This would happen regardless of whether he is in the LG or not.
if he doesn’t want to be recognised he should just wear dark sunglasses and a fake moustache.

Wasn't his father quite vocal in his criticism of Essendon during the Saga? If we've stuffed his body around (IF) by having a substandard fitness and medical regime then I'd totally understand him leaving.

Being Essendon doesn't make us anything. How we perform as a club in areas like fitness and player preparation, development, injury treatment, recovery and player welfare are areas valued by professional athletes these days. By a few reports at least we are very ordinary in terms of fitness levels and preseason preparation (current and past player and coaches comments). This alludes to mediocrity or incompetence in other areas. If that's the case then that's what we really stand for as a club and it's only natural that players will seek better club management.

The problems at the club don't have to get fixed. They can go on and on for year after year, decade after decade. Look at Melbourne. That we have recruited some good players is great but it doesn't mean we are any better as a football club yet. You would think after our fiasco and given we have $$$ that we would have the best prepared footballers in the AFL. Yet look at Shiels comments, the JLT and round one results followed by a big year of injury and the Crow resignation. We aren't a well run club

May aswell copy my previous post and put it here again. If you are that disenchanted, its just a game.. you arent forced to support the club.

No, they are fantastic ones. I am talking about how scared we are to make changes to our list. Our coaching staff, our game plan. How the fu** can we keep Rutten around to take over Worsfold in 2021, why not do it now? What is the point of that? I dunno what Mark Harvey does, I think he just likes to wear the apparel. Rob Harding our offensive coach, if he is the fu** head that tells our players to put it on top of Tippas head and bomb in long and deep to 3 on 1s every time, he can fu** off too.
You do realise Harding and corrigan (forward coach) have already been told they won't be at the club next year? Are you at least happy with that decision?

Last edited:
Nah, the resentment I have for my football club is amazing. I reckon I have shelved out 15k in membership fees over the years. It's not a great deal of money granted, but I could've invested my coin elsewhere.

So instead of owning your decisions for the last 27 years you would rather the club sink to further depths? Thanks for thinking of the rest of us pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back