Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am but at least they're words from his mouth rather than the speculation of others.
I agree to an extent but it's unfortunately an industry that doesn't really support honesty in this area. So while I think Joe is generally an honest guy and I hope he stays, there was something about the way he approached that interview that left me unsure about it all.

Now it could be all agent and contract posturing etc etc, but if he was 100% he would have just come straight out at the start of the show and said "I want to stay at Essendon and will be there next year." and leave it at that.

I'm getting into the new mindset. I'm getting ready. I can feel it. It's gonna be okay.

..But can you win a flag without having any of the best 50 players in the league?

he’s the swan’s problem now
Great :( . As romantic as it would be to have a Daniher at the Swans again, I'm not keen on him. I have no confidence in our medical staff to ensure he gets on the park. We couldn't get Hannebery right and he had OP.

Great :( . As romantic as it would be to have a Daniher at the Swans again, I'm not keen on him. I have no confidence in our medical staff to ensure he gets on the park. We couldn't get Hannebery right and he had OP.

Wasn’t it hanners shoulders that were his problem?

I agree to an extent but it's unfortunately an industry that doesn't really support honesty in this area. So while I think Joe is generally an honest guy and I hope he stays, there was something about the way he approached that interview that left me unsure about it all.

Now it could be all agent and contract posturing etc etc, but if he was 100% he would have just come straight out at the start of the show and said "I want to stay at Essendon and will be there next year." and leave it at that.
Iirc that show was recorded the day after (or not long after) the Sydney story broke. I wish I had a transcription of the first 5 minutes because I think you're underselling it. If he'd answered the first question the way you described I doubt that would have stopped them asking any more. They clearly had the first 5 minutes earmarked for a 3 way grilling. Hell they might have even given him the heads up before they started rolling.

Unless there is a player swap in the ilk of L Parker & their 1st rd pick, we hold him to his contract. Pretty simple.

Assuming he comes back fully fit, he’s arguably the best key forward in the game & if Sydney pony anything under the above scenario it’s case shut.

Iirc that show was recorded the day after (or not long after) the Sydney story broke. I wish I had a transcription of the first 5 minutes because I think you're underselling it. If he'd answered the first question the way you described I doubt that would have stopped them asking any more. They clearly had the first 5 minutes earmarked for a 3 way grilling. Hell they might have even given him the heads up before they started rolling.
I actually re-watched it a week ago on Kayo after your other posts about it and still felt he was leaving something out. In any case we’ll soon see I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why Sydney would want Joe after the Tippert experience but if they want him then we must demand at least Parker or a Heeney or Kennedy (just for the Hawk fans), no just accepting a draft pick because Joe is clearly in this club's best half a dozen players.

We sacked Crow so he can't even bring out the player welfare card like Ryder did

I wonder how much sydney are offering him?

If its about money he goes next year and we get 1st rnd compo if he is highly paid. If he isnt we just match and force a trade. Basically there is no benefit to trading him now for anything less than 2 first rounders as I see it.

I think Bob Murphy’s assumptions are spot on, think Danihers willingness to leave is the same as it was for Franklin to get out of the footy bubble in Melbourne

jesus, so just how much cocaine is Daniher hoovering up then?

Some of the incredibly naive "But he said he's staying!!!1" posters have seemingly disappeared. Wonder if those blokes will pop their heads up when Raz departs too?

Clearly not talking about me as I was on this page before you. In fact I don't think I've seen anyone that hysterical about it at all.
I'm not talking about anyone specifically lol. Just the usual "trade rumour = bs" rhetoric from some posters (don't remember/don't care who).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back