Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe was the difference on Anzac Day...we will will miss his energy and spirit as much as his skill if he leaves. Is one of the few in the current line up with the ability to lift the team.
we lost on anzac day.

My theory is the source of the leak is actually the Essendon Footy club. I think the meeting would've been pretty private and kept under wrapts, but we've leaked it to scoop so it's not such a surprise when it pops up trade week.

I think we've mismanaged him and he's not exactly happy with the club. I think that's been communicated, and we've removed Crow following that.

we lost on anzac day.
Joey was the difference between being close at the end and being demoralised and blown away. His emotion lifted the team and we were coming home with a wet sail...no other player in our best 22 plays with the same joy.

Joey was the difference between being close at the end and being demoralised and blown away. His emotion lifted the team and we were coming home with a wet sail...no other player in our best 22 plays with the same joy.
so we would’ve lost by only 88 against the bulldogs with Joey?

Would be devistating to lose guy like joe. But As long as we get what we want at the trade table it is what it is.

His Life though

Would ******* kill me too see him back to his best in a different jumper.

We've gotten Goddard, Stringer, Sheil, Saad and Smith in recent times....and really only lost Ryder and maybe Carlisle as very good players. At some point I suppose we have to lose a star and we should not be too surprised. Still going to burn though if it happens.

Hibberd....Ted Richards....

Ones an all Australian and ones a premiership player. Both are guns.

We have lost our fair share...

I’ll bet the neighbours house he stays. Manager playing games. The Harley visit was just too public not to be a stunt.
Perhaps I’m misunderstanding, but your neighbours house isn’t really high stakes for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My theory is the source of the leak is actually the Essendon Footy club. I think the meeting would've been pretty private and kept under wrapts, but we've leaked it to scoop so it's not such a surprise when it pops up trade week.

I think we've mismanaged him and he's not exactly happy with the club. I think that's been communicated, and we've removed Crow following that.

Suggest crow had a lot more to answer for then just Daniher.

Would have been some serious questions asked this year about injuries

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding, but your neighbours house isn’t really high stakes for you.

Poor joke to say i’m not a big punter. But if I had to I would bet that he stays and manager pushing hard for extension. Interesting last night McClure said Essendon have put an extension offer in front of him. Maybe they’re pushing club for more.

So in the end its just going to be about the $$$ inst it. He will use injury issues as justification.

Funny Ryder had moral issues with the club but is now willing to come back.

Sydney have offered a good deal imo but we can just expose that by holding him for 1 year and letting them bid on him as a rfa.
If it turns out not to be much just match and force the trade but if its alot the we still get first round compo anyway. Id rather do that then just letting him go cheaply this year.

Hard not to think the people running this club are morons and are too close to this situation to look it at it clearly.

He’s a ******* Daniher surely the club and him can sort out there differences and realise how silly it would be to part ways.

Hard not to think the people running this club are morons and are too close to this situation to look it at it clearly.

He’s a ******* Daniher surely the club and him can sort out there differences and realise how silly it would be to part ways.
His Dad played only 3 less games for Sydney than he did for us

So in the end its just going to be about the $$$ inst it. He will use injury issues as justification.

Funny Ryder had moral issues with the club but is now willing to come back.

Sydney have offered a good deal imo but we can just expose that by holding him for 1 year and letting them bid on him as a rfa.
If it turns out not to be much just match and force the trade but if its alot the we still get first round compo anyway. Id rather do that then just letting him go cheaply this year.
Id also rather a year of him playing before we trade him.
Seems like we would be selling low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back