Traded 6. Jordan Clark (2019-2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

hope this kid gets fast tracked at the expense of a tall back/guthrie/bews

i suspect he'll only get a handful of games when there are injuries

Why would we fast track?.... imo he needs to develop and earn a spot. Is it a talent observation on your behalf or is it more you feel the players named need to be removed from the side asap.

Last edited:

Not trying to raise expectations but Jordan has some great personal qualities as well as high footy IQ and skills - very glad we got him to be honest - our halcyon years had us with some very , very good HBF's - Boris/Mackie/Wojo/Hunt.
He played some very good games over here in the WAFL
He's a good size , very aggressive , makes good decisions and is prepared to back himself.
We will be cautious due to the GFever but I'm confident he'll push for selection on his output at training and the VFL - one to watch :thumbsu:

Not trying to raise expectations but Jordan has some great personal qualities as well as high footy IQ and skills - very glad we got him to be honest - our halcyon years had us with some very , very good HBF's - Boris/Mackie/Wojo/Hunt.
He played some very good games over here in the WAFL
He's a good size , very aggressive , makes good decisions and is prepared to back himself.
We will be cautious due to the GFever but I'm confident he'll push for selection on his output at training and the VFL - one to watch :thumbsu:

Im sure we hope he becomes a player ... can we expect drive from the backline like siad etc id not really would have said Boris was that type..he was perhaps the best reader of play I have seen then when to go when to stay.

When you say aggressive... he tackles a lot?

Im sure we hope he becomes a player ... can we expect drive from the backline like siad etc id not really would have said Boris was that type..he was perhaps the best reader of play I have seen then when to go when to stay.

If he is the kid wearing no6 and the cap peak backwards at training. Then:

I was surprised how small he looked (height and body).

Surprised to see him in half ground sims ie training with main group.

How confident he sounded. Used his voice a lot.

He did release one sharp accurate kick from deep in defence to top of the 50m that made me smile. Just what we lack.

That's from a 90 min watch.

Turbo - he's not a dasher like Siad or Wojo but definitely backs himself thru reading the play and knowing when to stay or go.
Be interesting to see how we want him to play , I hope we allow him to play his natural game.

Aggressive is probably the wrong word but he goes very hard and doesn't shy away from the physical contact side on the game , sticks a good tackle as well :) Definitely not a thug though
He got a bit of treatment in a WAFL game and didn't miss the chance to even up when it presented itself - within the rules of course
Looking forward to the JLT to see what he's got

Why would we fast track?.... imo he needs to develop and earn a spot. Is it a talent observation on your behalf or is it more you feel the players named need to be removed from the side asap.

he has attributes we badly need in the backline

good decision making and good kicking

gets the Varcoe treatment for mine

Parsons increased his scoring averages and still played some okay games last year.

The one damning thing I hadn't realised until I checked which games he played is his very poor W/L. 4-7 in a season when the team overall finished 13-9. So we were 9-2 in games without him.
Parsons was shithouse last year any way you want to spin it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised me they'd pick a West Australian after the Kelly issues.

Kelly is an exception and not the rule.

Yes, and those Joel Corey and Harry Taylor picks also ended badly....
And Mitch Duncan is still at the Cats despite the rumours every October.
Sam Menegola has not made any noise about returning to WA.

He’s a slow decision maker with no peripheral vision. No core strength... can’t land or break tackles, and very very lazy. Will not chase

How scary is it he signed for 3 more years part A. Basically guarantees games when fit you don't hand out those deals with possible VFL time.

Previous to resigning he was in geelongs top 25% paid players. He would of been a restricted free agent.

Blicavs deserved his money after last season and his body of work.

Guthrie deserved the menzel treatment with a weak 1 year deal offer on little money. And we might let him walk let him test the market.

To me he is a marginally more polished version on Taylor hunt

It was frustrating to see Parsons given games, so hard to watch, he took over from past frustrating and over-rated players in Murdoch, Lang and Smedts. It staggers me how these guys got so many games when they're obvious AFL spuds, not sure our coach/s is one for eying non-talent, at least with Murdoch he put a few serviceable games nearing the end but finals.... YUK, it's if he was a deer caught in headlights and literally shitted himself.... and no more Parsons, PLEASE!

Last edited:

Wow, insightful.

Kelly is an exception and not the rule.

And Mitch Duncan is still at the Cats despite the rumours every October.
Sam Menegola has not made any noise about returning to WA.

Menegola asking for a trade back to WA would mean double go-home, because he originally left Hawthorn to go home to Freo (in part to leave the rookie list and have more stability).

When drafted Clark said he wanted to go play in Melbourne, so maybe it's not the Perth clubs we should worry about.

Wow, insightful.

Menegola asking for a trade back to WA would mean double go-home, because he originally left Hawthorn to go home to Freo (in part to leave the rookie list and have more stability).

When drafted Clark said he wanted to go play in Melbourne, so maybe it's not the Perth clubs we should worry about.

Yeah you are right. We should just panic about every player going anywhere else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back