Player Watch #6 Jordan Lewis - 300

Remove this Banner Ad

Up until that game he has played with a real this time of year doesn't matter look about him.

He was sensational though. Little kicks through the corridor hitting targets in space, going a mile an hour at the contest and then that last bit of desperation in the last quarter to hold the saints. Brilliant from him
He wants to play finals again and I think he believes it can happen now.

He wants to play finals again and I think he believes it can happen now.

And in some way I think he's dragging us there too. He's been huge this last month.

And in some way I think he's dragging us there too. He's been huge this last month.

He was basically the Jordan Lewis of old, no little scrub kicks. Everything was clear with purpose and he controlled momentum beautifully. I think our inside midfield helping create space and our small forwards always being on the move helped big time

Not sure why he has copped so much criticism (online) this season. 26.4 touches a game, some clutch moments late in games and an 11-6 record with him in the team. Given we brought him in on footy's equivalent of a free transfer, I'm not sure where all the vitriol has come from. He's not perfect and not an elite player anymore, but you could also argue he never was.
3 year deal for sure. Especially with Vince still around and the memory of Cross falling away. Don't want to think about what he's going to look like in the final year of his deal but I could see him having a good September.

4th q he didn't tackle, didnt run, and didnt affect the defensive half. Not getting the love here while bernie is plastered for the same thing

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's better to go unnoticed than be noticed for being a complete liability

I'm not saying he was the worst. I'm saying he's meant to be a leader and his efforts dropped off in a way I feel is unacceptable from any player.

I'm not saying he was the worst. I'm saying he's meant to be a leader and his efforts dropped off in a way I feel is unacceptable from any player.

I didn't notice any drop offs from him yesterday, I thought he was good all day. But wasn't watching him closely. Go and look at the hard ball get he gathered against the saints after Hibberds spoil. It was unbeliavble.

Lewis must be dropped. How this guy finshed 3rd in our BNF last year is beyond me. He could have the leadership of Winston Churchill but his footballing ability is a liabilty on the field. We made a huge mistake giving him three years. In the past we played Dawes ahead of Pedo because of his large contract rather than output on the field but sometimes you have to admit you made a mistake like Collingwood did with Mayne & not play him. I wonder if Goody has the courage to do so?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly, I dont like him deep in defence (panics and has no real 1on1 defensive skills when the ball is in the air re; that stupid free kick he gave away to Christensen)... but his ball use last night by foot was better than the majority of the side. As for the fumbles, nearly everyone last night bar Oliver, Hogan and Garlett was fumbling the s**t out of it.

Far from our worst last night.

Lewis is not the same player, he's obviously declining but he can still teach our players a lot. He really hates losing, something that this club has lacked over the last decade

Firstly, I dont like him deep in defence (panics and has no real 1on1 defensive skills when the ball is in the air re; that stupid free kick he gave away to Christensen)... but his ball use last night by foot was better than the majority of the side. As for the fumbles, nearly everyone last night bar Oliver, Hogan and Garlett was fumbling the s**t out of it.

Far from our worst last night.

Shhhh... don't fight it, baby.

I think Lewis is going ok....obviously knows how to read the play ...was stiff I thought , with that free against , where they got the 50...although the actual 50 metre penalty was dumb or Jordie's part.

I still reckon he is in our best 22....really, if the choice for that back flank spot, comes down to either him or Wagner......its case closed.

On a side note...anyone noticed that he has more hair at The Dees than what he had at the Hawks??...No more bald spot...disappeared !!
Maybe some " Yeah Yeah " action happening there I suspect.

As long as he keeps winning the ball....he can have as much "new" hair as he wants.

People expecting the Hawthorn version of Lewis will be let down. He's not in great form right now, but why are people flat out abusing the guy? Looking at our defence - Lever, Jetta, Hunt and to a lesser extent Hibberd all look out of sorts at the start of the year. Whether its another year without Roos' famous defensive mindset, or Rawlings changing with Plapp, or something else - who knows. What we do know is that OMac is the only one of our defenders to start the year off in any sort of form.

I understand being disappointed in Lewis' form, but some of the comments after Saturday have been flat out unfair. Many from the same people backslapping Bernie Vince for two great weeks, after writing him off too (I was amongst them). Lewis isn't done yet, and he'll come into form soon. He wasn't deserving of 3rd in the Bluey last year, but he was certainly in our best 10.

He was pretty good on saturday, some of y’all need to actually watch games

Lewis has always made dumb mistakes. That was part of his known quantity when we got him. His good does outweigh his bad though.

I think Lewis is going ok....obviously knows how to read the play ...was stiff I thought , with that free against , where they got the 50...although the actual 50 metre penalty was dumb or Jordie's part.

I still reckon he is in our best 22....really, if the choice for that back flank spot, comes down to either him or Wagner......its case closed.

On a side note...anyone noticed that he has more hair at The Dees than what he had at the Hawks??...No more bald spot...disappeared !!
Maybe some " Yeah Yeah " action happening there I suspect.

As long as he keeps winning the ball....he can have as much "new" hair as he wants.
I was thinking the same thing re his hair. I reckon it may be a rug he has on top of his head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back