Player Watch #6 Jordan Lewis - 300

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm starting to flip on Lewis, he was brilliant. Showed bloody good composure with footy in hand by slowing up the play and changing angles. Did it across CHF a couple times aswell. One of his best games.
Kicked a nice steadying goal too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CWaffles

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
He would be great as a forward flanker, has the ability to put the ball in the 50 to the advantage of our players and if he goes forward would be good enough to kick a couple.
Definitely nice and composed when it comes to a set shot.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
One of his kicks to Trac in the pocket the commentary were giving credit to Trac for his body work, nup it was the centermeter perfect pass from lewis ( thanks Dennis )

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Is so much better when he isn't in defence...

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
One reason Wagner has to stay in the side is he is allowing Vince Lewis and Salem to push further up
And the fact he is playing excellent footy. He’s the most courageous guy at the club, and the more he plays the more composed he will get with his kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tulip

Hall of Famer
May 3, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham
You don’t agree?
Viney and Jones streets ahead, they lead from the front and leave no stone unturned. Pedersen is another who lets himself get polaxed. Jetta and Hibberd too. Wagner leaps into contests, but usually from the back. Not saying he's not tough, but c'mon.

PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
Apr 23, 2013
Benalla
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Disgraceful game. Off the top of my head 2 kicking turnovers that resulted in immediate goals.

If he was just J.Lewis and not 4 time premiership player Jordan Lewis he would be trashed by this board and the media. ******* poxy game.
Oh, i don't think this board cares either way. The media may save him, but bigfooty doesn't

ponsdale

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Disgraceful game. Off the top of my head 2 kicking turnovers that resulted in immediate goals.

If he was just J.Lewis and not 4 time premiership player Jordan Lewis he would be trashed by this board and the media. ******* poxy game.
Absolutely. For someone that has been lauded for his elite kicking, he missed so many targets - and by a lot in damaging parts of the ground.

blitznu

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
not sure if anybody has mentioned this but its so Melbourne to get an old slow midfielder and play him down back then miss out on who would of been a perfect fit in Hodge the very next year. Imagine Hodge out on the field running our backline over the 'leaders' we have now. Might of only had him for a year but would of had a much bigger impact than Lewis

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
not sure if anybody has mentioned this but its so Melbourne to get an old slow midfielder and play him down back then miss out on who would of been a perfect fit in Hodge the very next year. Imagine Hodge out on the field running our backline over the 'leaders' we have now. Might of only had him for a year but would of had a much bigger impact than Lewis
My favourite opposition player since the FF generation retired. Absolute gun.

Tulip

Hall of Famer
May 3, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham
Lewis, in my opinion, looks like a man who is happy to quietly play out the remainder of his contract. Doesn't strike me as the uber-competitive flag bearer that we spent all that money on. A focussed Lewis hits his target 99/100, at the moment he sprays one in every three or four. He'd probably have been pretty ashamed if you'd told him a few years ago that this was how he'd play out his final years, but I guess his body is older, he's got twins keeping him up and his intense love of footy was tied into Clarko/Roughy/Hodge/Mitchell.

Simon_Says

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2016
Leongatha
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Lewis, in my opinion.... and his intense love of footy was tied into Clarko/Roughy/Hodge/Mitchell.
So
Your saying his love for footy was tied into the love for the mates more than the club itself?

Top Bottom