Player Watch #6 Jordan Lewis - 300

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking horrible!!

14741761_10207642486120778_1872434567_n.jpg

Why would you choose to look like this? s**t business's beard, spray on fake hair, comb over, must take him ages to get ready each morning and never plays well in the wet as his hair paint runs...

SAD!

Who gives a *...

I am so upset by this - i watched Lewis closely this year as i do every year because of a long standing hatred stemming from:

his pseudo-tough guy act,

disgustingly man-scaped designer stubble - this must take him 30min EVERY morning to do,

inability to come top terms with his baldness (this shows a lack of character imo),

dog acts on the field (Goldstein 2015 for example)

Lewis has been atrocious this year - sea-gulling around the packs - rarely sighted getting hard ball - instead replying on his harder teammates to feed him.

Lewis thinks he can come to the Dees and coast for 2 years on a big fat pay check and then be paid out in his final year due to bad form. This is what he was let him do.

If we lose a player in the next 3 years due to cap space - it will be 100% because of this moment.

Lewis is a has-been, even in the premiership years he was the 4th or 5th mid riding the coattails of elite team mates.

SAD!

I am so upset by this - i watched Lewis closely this year as i do every year because of a long standing hatred stemming from:

disgustingly man-scaped designer stubble - this must take him 30min EVERY morning to do,

inability to come top terms with his baldness (this shows a lack of character imo),

Lewis has been atrocious this year - sea-gulling around the packs - rarely sighted getting hard ball - instead replying on his harder teammates to feed him.

Lewis thinks he can come to the Dees and coast for 2 years on a big fat pay check and then be paid out in his final year due to bad form. This is what he was let him do.

If we lose a player in the next 3 years due to cap space - it will be 100% because of this moment.

Lewis is a has-been, even in the premiership years he was the 4th or 5th mid riding the coattails of elite team mates.

SAD!

Youre so full of s**t...

1) 2nd in Hawks B&F
2) top 2 in contested possessions
3) we need outside players anyway we have enough ball winners
4) who says hes on a fat pay cheque? GC offered him more so he could have coasted there.
5) B&F in 2015 premiership year and all australian so not sure how he was riding coat-tails

Youre so full of s**t...

4) who says hes on a fat pay cheque? GC offered him more so he could have coasted there.

According to the Age 3 years for $1.5M

Originally 2 years with a trigger for a third, but when Hawthorn balked we upped the $$ and guaranteed the 3rd.

The quote from The Age's trade tracker thing:
The trade was tipped to through late yesterday afternoon, but the Hawks wanted a better deal than Melbourne's original offer of pick 66 by itself.

That offer was made before Hawthorn decided they wanted to keep Lewis, a move which prompted the Demons to improve the terms they offered Lewis to a guaranteed third season, and improved financial offer of about $500,000 per year.

Lewis joins the Demons on a three-year deal. The original offer was two years with a trigger.

Fairfax Media understands that the contract is worth about $1.5 million

Last edited:

SAD!
Oh my god its BigSexc on the Dees board

I refuse to believe we are paying him $500k a year for 3 years.

Better than paying Daniel Wells 600K for 3 games per year haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly.
We have surely learnt from this.
Apparently not.

He's 31 next year, played 264 games, at least 19 games every year for the last 12...
As has been pointed out above he played well for Hawthorn last year to get 2nd in their B&F.

But Clarko is obviously seeing writing on the wall about his (and every other older player in their club) future and we have decided to bet on him fighting off Father Time for a couple more years at least.

If he's still earning a guernsey at the end of the 2018 season then it's a good deal for us.
But the midfield is a relative strength for us.

True. But I still highly doubt we're paying him $500k a year for 3

Agreed. He'll be well paid as a senior player who will have leadership and mentoring responsibilities. But he's not on 500k guaranteed over 3. Just doesn't fit with the rest of the team, especially with Hogan reportedly signing on for less than market value.

Agreed. He'll be well paid as a senior player who will have leadership and mentoring responsibilities. But he's not on 500k guaranteed over 3. Just doesn't fit with the rest of the team, especially with Hogan reportedly signing on for less than market value.
Completely agree.

SAD!
Could easy be frontloaded with the names not we are losing from big contracts soon.

Dawes, Lubumba, Grimes, Dunn, Garland

Front load Lewis first two years or just first year and sit him on 300K after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back