Player Watch #6 Jordan Lewis - 300

Remove this Banner Ad

So
Your saying his love for footy was tied into the love for the mates more than the club itself?
I think it was tied into the standards that they demanded from each other. 10 relentless years under a brilliant coach for whom success was never enough. Maybe he'd be better if he joined us at 28, but at 31 I get the sense that he's happy picking up his cheque. I don't really blame him, Lewis has more credit in the bank than anyone on our list and I think he knows what good footy should look like, but he was renowned for his reckless attack on the ball at the Hawks and we just haven't seen it at Melbourne.

Maybe he'd be better if he joined us at 28... I think he knows what good footy should look like, but he was renowned for his reckless attack on the ball at the Hawks and we just haven't seen it at Melbourne.

Lewis has "been there done that" to a degree; 4 flags. Its his job to bring that Hawks culture; a winning one, to the dees (something roosy started long before Jordan Lewis name was on anyone's lips)

That's an inditment on him, but that's your view each to their own.

Lewis has "been there done that" to a degree; 4 flags. Its his job to bring that Hawks culture; a winning one, to the dees (something roosy started long before Jordan Lewis name was on anyone's lips)

That's an inditment on him, but that's your view each to their own.

Meh. Just cause you tell blokes where to stand at a stoppage doesn't mean they won't run off and do their own thing.

if we want to be a serious team a statement has to be made and he gets dropped for that. seriously a bad look from a 'Leader'. but nothing will come from it as per usual. i was expecting some campaigner to get absolutely slaughtered

except for when he also elbowed that dude and gave away 50m and a goal. and also when he went the kick out of the air a couple of times instead of putting his body on the line.
great leader isnt he. Vince would of hurt that bloke put his head over it and still gave away the 59 but i know which sort of leader i want. Lewis is just playing for the retirement fund

He then just have a stupid free kick away. Not his best moment. His stupidity also costed us a 50m penalty. When he's meant to be showing leadership. Matters not tonight but those little things could hurt us if we make finals.

Shocking look.

Bleh. Pretty much the standard modern footy shepherd, is it not? Most players don't even bother - just trot alongside the ball carrier hoping for a cheap stat.

except for when he also elbowed that dude and gave away 50m and a goal. and also when he went the kick out of the air a couple of times instead of putting his body on the line.

Perhaps, but I thought the 50m was soft as hell. The kick out of the air is a reasonable choice in slippery conditions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he's just about done. The 2 attempted kicks out of mid air signal someone who is cooked. Prefer Vince to take his place I reckon.

His football brain is important even if you think he isn’t as good as he should be. Frost, McDonald need his leadership down back.

What a load of crap lol. He doesn't shepherd, kicks lazily, can't chase and doesn't tackle. May aswell put Goody on the list and have him bark instructions from the back half

The lack shepherding doesn’t worry me, that’s modern footy, coaches prefer to get the overlap. But the kicking off the ground was lazy for mine and shows his lack of pace for the game. Which is a worry because last nights game wasn’t quick by modern standards.

What a load of crap lol. He doesn't shepherd, kicks lazily, can't chase and doesn't tackle. May aswell put Goody on the list and have him bark instructions from the back half
He doesn’t kick lazily at all, one bad Shepard grantee like you have any other examples of that in the shelf please.

He is a triple premiership vice captain, he has more experience about the game than nearly everyone else on our list combined.

He was recruited for that very reason.

The lack shepherding doesn’t worry me, that’s modern footy, coaches prefer to get the overlap. But the kicking off the ground was lazy for mine and shows his lack of pace for the game. Which is a worry because last nights game wasn’t quick by modern standards.
Mate Richmond kick it off the ground about 20 times a game, and when we have such a good press we get it toward 50 anyway we can. Part of the reason I think we are happy to keep bombing the ball long into our 50 as it stays there or rebound back 7/10.

That and Gawn described the ball as a bar of soap, it’s playing the conditions. Salem was our only player with clean skills all night.

He doesn’t kick lazily at all, one bad Shepard grantee like you have any other examples of that in the shelf please.

He is a triple premiership vice captain, he has more experience about the game than nearly everyone else on our list combined.

He was recruited for that very reason.

He pokes at the ball off one step. Find me a single coach who would teach kids to kick like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back