Player Watch #6 Jordan Lewis - 300

Remove this Banner Ad

What a heady time circa one month ago was. I reckon the rumour changed about six times from being on to off again to back on. I was in a car to French island at the time. By the time I was on the ferry it was pretty much a done deal. Memories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much don't need 3rd man up with Gawn. Only becomes an issue of pit 2nd ruck is not a ruck at all like Watts. Lewis would be handy in that situation. But he offers much more than 3rd man up.

Just a small and probably insignificant thing, but I'm yet to see a video or photo from training where Lewis doesn't look like he is enjoying himself. Seems to be relishing the prospect of leading a young group into the finals, similar to Crawford in 2007 and 2008.
Seen a couple of social pics too with other Dees which is good.
On a boat with Pig and Gawny, golfing with Wattsy and at that Skwosh gig with all the lads.

Can see how elite his decision making is already, set up a few scoring chains by flicking a handball out to someone in space

Will be huge this year.

I think our decision making has improved across the board. In one scoring chain one of our young players, I think it was Billy Stretch, could have taken the easy option and hand balled short to Lewis, instead he shot a big handball into the middle of the ground which set up a chain that ended in a goal.

Melbourne juniors of old would have taken the easy option and let the experienced player deal with it. Loving the confidence they are playing with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back