AFL Player # 6: Jye Caldwell

Remove this Banner Ad

Put him in cotton wool, get him right and get bio mechanics experts to review and tweak his running action, then let him hit the preseason and see what happens.

3 more years on his contract, there's no rush so just do everything we can to give him a clear run at 2022.
That's the kind of sense talking i've been feeling like Truck & Co might subscribe to. I'd be more than happy to lose a couple right now...

You guys are too doom and gloom about this. Re-injury during rehabilitation is always a risk. It's a low risk - but it is a risk which can rarely happen. Same reason you sign a paper before you go indoor-rock climbing, or before you go in for pretty rudimentary routine surgery - because there is a risk there no matter how small, and those risks are outlined because they've happened before, however rarely.

His return is still in progress just like before, only setback a bit due to a mistake in recovery, the only thing he needs is extra time. This'd be a lesson.

Better to have it happen now, and learn from it to make it even better, than later in the season during a match, is my silver lining.

You guys are too doom and gloom about this. Re-injury during rehabilitation is always a risk. It's a low risk - but it is a risk which can rarely happen. Same reason you sign a paper before you go indoor-rock climbing, or before you go in for pretty rudimentary routine surgery - because there is a risk there no matter how small, and those risks are outlined because they've happened before, however rarely.

His return is still in progress just like before, only setback a bit due to a mistake in recovery, the only thing he needs is extra time. This'd be a lesson.

Better to have it happen now, and learn from it to make it even better, than later in the season during a match, is my silver lining.
He hasn't played a full season of footy since he was in under 16s and has had constant hamstring issues since then its not doom and gloom more so realism

He hasn't played a full season of footy since he was in under 16s and has had constant hamstring issues since then its not doom and gloom more so realism

uj7iwoz160my.jpg

The “setback” is a fresh high-grade tear.

Surgery possible, no timeline on return.

Done for the season, no doubt

This is sadly the best season for him to get injured, hopefully we can get his body right for next season. Give him the rehab he needs & don't rush anything like we did with Joe.

The “setback” is a fresh high-grade tear.

Surgery possible, no timeline on return.

Done for the season, no doubt

This is where internally they should be scouring the globe and doing the same thing we did for Joe and Stewart with their groin issues.

This kid has now (if we didn't already know before) severe hamstring issues.
His talent is absolutely worth the investment and he has a long term contract with us.

So spend this year getting him right.

I don't believe he has had surgery on his hamstring before. Forget trying to get him back this year, time to clean up the scar tissue and get him right long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with others - we should be seeking the best possible medical advice as to whether surgical option is appropriate and be super conservative.
Its all about his long term future. 2 high grade hamstrings in a single year is a real worry.

Reinjured hamstring, surgery yesterday, rehab starts next week.

Sean Murphy video transcription re: Jye Caldwell said:
Yeah really unfortunate for Jye, essentially reinjured the hamstring in that later stage of his rehab process.

He had surgery yesterday, so he'll now rest up this week before starting rehab next week.

Very interesting that they went the surgery option. They didn't expand at all on why they went that route. Very matter of fact about it.
Lets just hope that surgery ends up being the best option long term. Its not important what impact he makes this year, its all about the next 3 years.

I’ve only ever heard of surgury when it’s a tendon injury, what surgury would they do to the muscle?

It’s hard to know without knowing what the actual injury is. Going straight in for surgery could be a total or partial avulsion (tear off the bone) in which case they trim away scar tissue and reattach it with staples.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back