AFL Player # 6: Jye Caldwell

06 - caldwell.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 2, eth-dog

Last edited by a moderator:

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
strong hype

BomberARMY

All Australian
Mar 20, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Great get, Welcome to the Mighty Dons Jye... looks an absolute extractor, just what we need.. the butthurtedness of McCartney says a lot about how they rated this kid. 👌

Good chance McCartney is just a dickhead.

McCartney is okay. Not an easy gig being the list manager at a club that keeps getting raided year on year. You would expect him to be rather sour.

Jackie_Moon

Debutant
Feb 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Was used as tagger in a few games last yr we should try him in that role to begin with, he'd learn alot of mid craft that way

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
McCartney is okay. Not an easy gig being the list manager at a club that keeps getting raided year on year. You would expect him to be rather sour.

Still comes across as a bit of a sook, it’s his job to manage the list, in an industry where players have been regularly known to move clubs when not given opportunity at senior level, and they keep drafting inside midfielders.

Having a sook about big bad Adrian whilst letting Hateley walk for free on principle isn’t exactly the sign of a professional operator.

He also had a sook about Adelaide being mean and nasty and only offering 40 when it was pretty clear he had 0 leverage anyway.

Dons4Life

Senior List
May 22, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
One thing that I do like from the footage I have seen of him is that he looks real clean with his hands and doesn’t seem to fumble the ball. That killed us this year, every time we nearly get a clearance we fumbled the ball. Hopefully can become a good extractor for us.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Apparently he’s very aggressive and hard as nails - that will do me as a point of difference, he’s also not a midget which is good.

Westlo

All Australian
Mar 29, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Everton FC

He's able to play like its football manager full of a team of wonderkids with that list and still mess it up, just like their coach.

After SOS and this dickhead they should throw everything they can to getting Richmond's list manager or someone competent in that role.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Still comes across as a bit of a sook, it’s his job to manage the list, in an industry where players have been regularly known to move clubs when not given opportunity at senior level, and they keep drafting inside midfielders.

Having a sook about big bad Adrian whilst letting Hateley walk for free on principle isn’t exactly the sign of a professional operator.

He also had a sook about Adelaide being mean and nasty and only offering 40 when it was pretty clear he had 0 leverage anyway.

i also like the part where he brought the team together and drew a line in the sand, if you dont want to be here tell us and you can go..

a handfull took him up on the offer then he goes and makes it hard for them

sadist.

Back