AFL Player # 6: Jye Caldwell

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey all, I'm sure you've seen plenty of Caldwell vision by now but here's my 2019//2020 highlight video, if you're interested

Nice.

Good hands in close, kicking seems fine, good decision maker, decent overhead mark.
His acquisition has gone a bit under the radar because we haven't seen much of him, but I'm optimistic about his impact.

Hes got it all. Watched him closely last year.

Loved him scrapping with Aaran Naughton and winning comfortably and Naughton being taken a back

I did see some photos of the returning players and thought he mightve filled out a bit more but good to see him back early regardless

Most telling thing with those highlights, similar to Darcy Parish is even when playing forward is that midfielders mindset; quick hands, release to space, always looking to Identify a team mate in a better position.

Impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most telling thing with those highlights, similar to Darcy Parish is even when playing forward is that midfielders mindset; quick hands, release to space, always looking to Identify a team mate in a better position.

Impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, now, guernsey wise, he's doubled Parish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice little article from Cal Twomey up today. Has done a full pre-season for the first time, and has really gelled with the coaches and the young midfield group we have. Looks like he'll be a good bet for Round 1.

"This has been probably my best pre-season I've had I reckon. The last couple of years I haven't been up to scratch with them but now I've done a full pre-season, I've missed probably one or two sessions through a little bit of soreness. But other than that I've done the full pre-season and I'm feeling fit and ready to go. Hopefully these matches coming up will test out how fit you really are," he said.

"I'm very confident in my body now. I used to doubt what I could do beforehand, but now I'm in a really good state to train most days and get the best out of myself. That's what you need to do if you're trying to get better you need to get out there more often, which I'm doing."

Never had a full AFL pre season and showed up at GWS injured. You can understand them being a little dirty after spending 2 years getting his body right. Good for us though if he gets a good run at it.
Same thing happened to us with Daniher though. Swings and roundabouts

Never had a full AFL pre season and showed up at GWS injured. You can understand them being a little dirty after spending 2 years getting his body right. Good for us though if he gets a good run at it.
Joey and Fantasia are flying for their respective clubs too. It happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back