Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly no questioning his courage and always appeared a great guy around the club.

Unlike others though off I doubt he will be picked up, good luck to him if he does.

A lot of people in here have a very different view of Lachie Hansen to me. Courageous? Give me a break. Uncoordinated more like it. We persisted with him for too long. Good riddance.
how many games did you play for the roos again i forget we could do with one less supporter supporter is probably not the right word supporter

Never really lived up to his potential. Should have made a far greater impact with a body like that.Lucky to have survived this long. A bit of a disappointment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

360 graphic saying he's retired, not the line of "we're not offering a new deal". Did I miss that? Thought he might have something to give at some other clubs.

Wouldn't surprise me.
Ongoing concussion problems, bad hips.
Has a 2 or 3 year old iirc as well as a newborn.
The timing is right for him to retire given we won't offer him another contract.

Train once or twice a weak, play local on the weekend, mow lawns another one or two days. Plenty of time to help around the home with the little ones too. Sounds quite a nice life tbh, assuming he set himself up well with his income. Hell, might just give up footy together, live the life of a laid back gardener doing the rounds.

I remember when i first saw his recruitment picture and thought "WTF have we done?"

images (48).jpg

Grew to love lachie. How can you not? Genuinely think he would have been an elite swingman had injury not robbed him of his mobility. Had an elite engine for a big man. I hope his multiple concussions don't impact his future. The changerooms will be poorer without him. I'll never forget this footage (genuine lol's when i saw it happen):

ezgif.com-resize (21).gif

A lot of people in here have a very different view of Lachie Hansen to me. Courageous? Give me a break. Uncoordinated more like it. We persisted with him for too long. Good riddance.
A little harsh don't you think for a bloke who played 151 games in the royal blue and white
I agree he didn't live up to his potential, perhaps NMFC got his recruitment value wrong..Perhaps we supporters expected to much.
But give the guy a break and some respect.
151 games is still a decent career and if he was as bad as you claim he would of never had a 10 year plus career.

All the best Lachie! Thanks for your service and I'm pretty sure that someone will offer another 2 years for some depth on their list!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back