Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably has good kicking efficiency stats? It's amazing how he finds a free team-mate behind him every possesion.
And that article celebrating his career in which he seems proud about not taking the game too seriously. Wow. Send him packing.

Not looking good for Lachie if they're choosing 70kg dripping wet kids over him.

Think he still has something to offer but was burnt by a putrid quarter in a milestone game.

Will be sad to see him play elsewhere has been a good North man.
Has value in a developing team needing protection for their forwards.

Not looking good for Lachie if they're choosing 70kg dripping wet kids over him.

Think he still has something to offer but was burnt by a putrid quarter in a milestone game.

Will be sad to see him play elsewhere has been a good North man.
Dont think Ive seen worse milestone games than Lindsay's and Hansen's this year.
Absolutely putrid. Insipid performances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get what we can for him at the end of this year even if it's a third rounder. I have to say he is the most disappointing pick #3 that I can think of in recent times.

Recent times? He was drafted 11 years ago and he is a free agent. No 3rd round pick for you!

Wouldn't imagine we'll be getting anything of substance for him, and can't see us offering him a new contract considering guys like Larkey are getting played ahead of him.

He has a couple of 2 year deals on the table from one Melbourne based club and one interstate club from what I've been told.

Wouldn't imagine we'll be getting anything of substance for him, and can't see us offering him a new contract considering guys like Larkey are getting played ahead of him.

He has a couple of 2 year deals on the table from one Melbourne based club and one interstate club from what I've been told.

Sad way for it to end up. Was hoping he'd finish his career as a North man.

I wouldnt say its sad. The blokes a Life member. He is past it and if true having a couple of 2 year offers gives him a nice little send off packet . How could one complain about that ?

Sorry don't rate him at all. I also believe this is his last season for us.
Given the abundance of talent he had as junior, justifying his #3 pick he has stagnated and never developed upon his potential, most likely a confidence thing. There were a few years while we were pressing (14-15) that he showed much promise, especially with intercept marking. However his inconsistency impacted the team and therefore made him unreliable.
Somewhat disappointing career from a highly touted junior. I would be surprised to see him in the team again this year. Nonetheless, thanks for your service to NMFC.

Injuries cut him down a fair bit over his career unfortunately - still been a handy contributor over the years.

Definitely time to move on, and wish him well if he can obtain a contract elsewhere.

Get what we can for him at the end of this year even if it's a third rounder. I have to say he is the most disappointing pick #3 that I can think of in recent times.

Was going to disagree then went through the #3 picks from 2004+.

Some guns in that group - Griffen, Martin, Hill.

No duds but some - Ellis, Masten, Hansen - who have been/were serviceable or better at times but never consistently hit great hits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back