Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald - Pick 4 - welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

RW

Premium Platinum
Jan 11, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Meets your List Management 101 of always pick the key forward, I guess I'll be interested to see what you think he can add to our side both short and long term.
I was literally about to post this! For those who missed List Management 101:

1) Get tall forwards however you can, hang onto them at all costs.

2) Use your high draft picks on key forwards, midfielders and occasionally key defenders.

ScrewInStuds

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet. ESPN article comparing Thilthorpe and McDonald's claims to the number 2 spot in the draft:

RUNVS

Hall of Famer
Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
What a difference a year makes.

Last year we were panicking like Crazy on this board because we didn't secure the trade
I don't think so as I think most people were glad that the trade fell through. We offered way too much, and we are just lucky Dodoro was even dumber than we were. It was stupid offering so much for a player with Daniher's injury record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kiama Chris

Club Legend
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
It has to be Ben Matthews or Don Pyke as McVeigh is midfield, Kirk is development, Laidler is reserves and Cox is ruck. That only leaves Matthews and Pyke.
They haven't formally announced yet (or I missed it) but I believe Matthews was at his last gig. Cox was analysis but I suspect Pyke has come in to do that and work across the lines and/or stoppages specifically. We need improvement in our clearance work.
Wonder if maybe Cox gets defence to round out his development.
Kirk is more welfare now and Laidler has a development role too I believe.
Of course Macca could do defence.
All in all I like the look of this team.

Ticky009

Premium Gold
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
It actually blows my mind that we got this kid.

Rated as basically the number 1 live forward, lands at Pick 4.

Just kinda brilliant.
I don't think many believed Norf would not select him now Brown has gone. By the sounds of things Hawks were desperate to get him as they need a forward.

Jewelsbon

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I dunno. Nothing says next year Daniher doesn't kick 65+ and the Lions win the flag
Good luck to both the Lions and Daniher if they do, but the cost was far too high.
Would have been fine to take the risk if we could have gotten him cheaply like I was hoping we'd get Paddy Mac, but not for what they were asking.

Remove this Banner Ad