Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

DGB can go and enjoy the crumble of Hawthorn, trying to repel entry after entry. Getting rag dolled by Buddy for two years and then flogged by a beefed up McDonald, all the while eating bottom 4 ass.

We give up way more inside 50's per match than Hawthorn does. We were 1st in the league in 2020 for inside 50's conceded in 2020, Hawthorn were only 7th.

I'll be spending the next decade watching games against hawthorn with the 2020 draft at the back of my mind.

Hope McDonald manages to win a majority of the contests against DGB.

And to add to that, I'll be cheering my ass off the first time Campbell delivers the ball lace out to McDonald for a goal against hawthorn. And hopefully it's the first of many!!

eo2ub7pu8aaucpy-jpg.1025986

Hard to tell but he looks a bit wider than DGB, like his eventual weight is going to be higher than his.

I think McDonald will always be one of those leaner forwards in the leading, mobile Lynch/Kennedy/Roughead/Cameron/Riewoldt mould, rather than the dominant, 1v1 beast Buddy/Hawkins/Dixon mould. If he can hone in his leading patterns, and we can honour them, then he will get plenty of opportunity.

I recall hearing a few years ago Josh Kennedy talking about Andrew Gaff, and how he's loved playing with him because he knows where he's going to kick the footy before he's even kicked it. McDonald will need his own Gaff to get those opportunities, and I like our chances of finding him one. (My money is on Blakey or Campbell, but we're amassing a bounty of others who are good users of the pill.)

I'd love for him to play round 1. Let him and our mids work on their chemistry from day dot.

I think McDonald will always be one of those leaner forwards in the leading, mobile Lynch/Kennedy/Roughead/Cameron/Riewoldt mould, rather than the dominant, 1v1 beast Buddy/Hawkins/Dixon mould. If he can hone in his leading patterns, and we can honour them, then he will get plenty of opportunity.

I recall hearing a few years ago Josh Kennedy talking about Andrew Gaff, and how he's loved playing with him because he knows where he's going to kick the footy before he's even kicked it. McDonald will need his own Gaff to get those opportunities, and I like our chances of finding him one. (My money is on Blakey or Campbell, but we're amassing a bounty of others who are good users of the pill.)

I'd love for him to play round 1. Let him and our mids work on their chemistry from day dot.

In all seriousness mcdonald is going to have to put some serious time into the gym. Needs to work on his his chest and and adds few inches there if he’s going to spend his career leading to Campbell , otherwise he’s going to get a hole kicked through it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eo2ub7pu8aaucpy-jpg.1025986

Hard to tell but he looks a bit wider than DGB, like his eventual weight is going to be higher than his.
Which one is he.

I don't know the faces yet.

In all seriousness mcdonald is going to have to put some serious time into the gym. Needs to work on his his chest and and adds few inches there if he’s going to spend his career leading to Campbell , otherwise he’s going to get a hole kicked through it
Might be easier if he stays 50+ metres away to let the ball slow down a bit.

LOL, great moment at 3.32

"Been spending a lot of time in the weights room"

*stares down at arms*

"Not really working"

LOL, great moment at 3.32

"Been spending a lot of time in the weights room"

*stares down at arms*

"Not really working"

Seems to have settled in well to the idea of joining Sydney. I suspect he expected, not without reason, to end up at Adelaide or North so was a bit stunned initially.
Sounding good now.
Good ambition too.

Seems to have settled in well to the idea of joining Sydney. I suspect he expected, not without reason, to end up at Adelaide or North so was a bit stunned initially.
Sounding good now.
Good ambition too.

Probably lucky we didn't have a WA club in his range, as otherwise it would've been inevitable that he'd be clinging to the hope of getting to stay in Perth. At least with how the draft panned out, he would've known there was no way he wasn't moving. SA, Vic, NSW... all the same to a WA kid.

Meets your List Management 101 of always pick the key forward, I guess I'll be interested to see what you think he can add to our side both short and long term.

I was literally about to post this! For those who missed List Management 101:

1) Get tall forwards however you can, hang onto them at all costs.

2) Use your high draft picks on key forwards, midfielders and occasionally key defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back