Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
It has been annoying me for 2 days who I think McDonald looks like and I think I know now. He looks like a better looking version of actor DJ Qualls

1607659019219.png

If Dodo had accepted our offer he'd have been able to draft Logan rather than the much more speculative talls he ended up with

What a difference a year makes.

Last year we were panicking like Crazy on this board because we didn't secure the trade

Last year we were panicking like Crazy on this board because we didn't secure the trade
I dunno. Nothing says next year Daniher doesn't kick 65+ and the Lions win the flag

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

I don't think so as I think most people were glad that the trade fell through. We offered way too much, and we are just lucky Dodoro was even dumber than we were. It was stupid offering so much for a player with Daniher's injury record.

I dunno. Nothing says next year Daniher doesn't kick 65+ and the Lions win the flag

Well another year can make a pretty big difference.

But right now I am happy to be sitting with Paps and McDonald instead

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Very early to say but we could have found our replacement for Buddy...

Very early to say but we could have found our replacement for Buddy...

I wouldn't say it's a direct replacement for Buddy as they are very different styles of players.

But if he loves up to his potential with a different structure in our forward line it could be just as effective.

It has been annoying me for 2 days who I think McDonald looks like and I think I know now. He looks like a better looking version of actor DJ Qualls

View attachment 1026523
I got an Alan Ruck back in his Ferris Bueller days vibe.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
It has to be Ben Matthews or Don Pyke as McVeigh is midfield, Kirk is development, Laidler is reserves and Cox is ruck. That only leaves Matthews and Pyke.
They haven't formally announced yet (or I missed it) but I believe Matthews was at his last gig. Cox was analysis but I suspect Pyke has come in to do that and work across the lines and/or stoppages specifically. We need improvement in our clearance work.
Wonder if maybe Cox gets defence to round out his development.
Kirk is more welfare now and Laidler has a development role too I believe.
Of course Macca could do defence.
All in all I like the look of this team.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
It actually blows my mind that we got this kid.

Rated as basically the number 1 live forward, lands at Pick 4.

Just kinda brilliant.
I don't think many believed Norf would not select him now Brown has gone. By the sounds of things Hawks were desperate to get him as they need a forward.

Good luck to both the Lions and Daniher if they do, but the cost was far too high.
Would have been fine to take the risk if we could have gotten him cheaply like I was hoping we'd get Paddy Mac, but not for what they were asking.

Except recent history plus logic.

If it happens that still won’t make me regret keeping Papley and our first pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lynch doesn't play most of 2018. Tigers win 2019. Lynch kicks 60+. I'd call that recent

Yes Lynch's injury isn't the same and didn't spend like 4 years not playing but let's not doubt Daniher's ability when he has had big goal years before.

Back