Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

I am just enjoying the side benefit of Logan.

Being able to play Mccartin back.

Will be even better when he plays with Bud. He’ll learn so much

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Reading a predraft article on Mcdonald v Tilthorpe, found this bit interesting "McDonald experienced a late growth spurt around the ages of 15 and 16, and is still getting taller and stronger."

Looks like there might be some growing left for Mcdonald, maybe he'll hit that 198-200cm mark!

He's currently 196cm.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Reading a predraft article on Mcdonald v Tilthorpe, found this bit interesting "McDonald experienced a late growth spurt around the ages of 15 and 16, and is still getting taller and stronger."

Looks like there might be some growing left for Mcdonald, maybe he'll hit that 198-200cm mark!

He's currently 196cm.

Looks like he would be able to put muscle on his frame too

Find it difficult to take anyone with a bowl cut seriously.
I do not think a hair style is an important feature to be an AFL player.

I do not think a hair style is an important feature to be an AFL player.

I'm slightly taking the mickey out of people on here who complain about man-buns.

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Or whatever Fyfe has lol
Nat Fyfe questionnaire;

Q Favourite movie
A Last of the Mohicans

70790ed9c72d0de9d74f645fa6b7eafb.jpg

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
In the publicity photos Logan doesn't look that big. When he runs out onto the field he looks taller and bigger all over. He's still 18! When he grows fully into his body he will be totally awesome. Already has a strong mark and is pretty agile for a big fella.

For an 18 year old, his legs are already strong. His upper body will take time but his legs are built already. Shows with how the ball flies off his boot.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
For an 18 year old, his legs are already strong. His upper body will take time but his legs are built already. Shows with how the ball flies off his boot.

That isn't always the case though as most of the time how the ball flies off a players boot is down to timing. Look at Jetta, legs like twigs, but he always timed his kicks beautifully so he was able to kick the ball further than most players.

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
That isn't always the case though as most of the time how the ball flies off a players boot is down to timing. Look at Jetta, legs like twigs, but he always timed his kicks beautifully so he was able to kick the ball further than most players.

Timing is the big thing and I noticed he follows through with his goal kicks which is another bonus. Love seeing players who follow through with their kicks, gives it a big roost. He's definitely a special talent!

IMO he'll have a better than avg accuracy for set shots which is important since the new kick-in rules means the ball can get to the wing and out of the defensive 50 much more quickly than before.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Timing is the big thing and I noticed he follows through with his goal kicks which is another bonus. Love seeing players who follow through with their kicks, gives it a big roost. He's definitely a special talent!

IMO he'll have a better than avg accuracy for set shots which is important since the new kick-in rules means the ball can get to the wing and out of the defensive 50 much more quickly than before.

McDonald was so close to kicking 4 goals last week as he missed a goal earlier in the match which was at a tough angle and he ended up hitting the post.

Jul 9, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Just an impressive young fellow... sooo composed!
Guess we don’t see other draftees the way weve seen him but just the way he casually mentioned visualisation while breaking the news to his Dad... and at halftime in the sheds on Saturday, attentive but calm, sucking away on his gello. If Errol is born just to play then this kid was born to be a professional footballer.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
I really like this kid.

I’m yet to witness a big Sydney forward that was actually drafted by Sydney. We always trade for them.

Sam Reid plays a very important role but is not that big key forward. Jesse White...
We tried with Anthony Rocca but he went back to his mum.

McDonald could be something so special and so rare as a Sydney supporter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I really like this kid.

I’m yet to witness a big Sydney forward that was actually drafted by Sydney. We always trade for them.

Sam Reid plays a very important role but is not that big key forward. Jesse White...
We tried with Anthony Rocca but he went back to his mum.

McDonald could be something so special and so rare as a Sydney supporter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jOywkirJ.jpg

Back