Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Eagles News 7 News Perth interviewed him tonight. I would link it, but I can't find it, and anyway, it was literally 60 seconds of him talking about how great Buddy is and looking like he'd rather be in Abu Ghraib than doing an interview.
Hahaha I see what you mean Caesar, he looks anything but comfortable.

I don't envy the young lads doing these interviews at the start of their career. The mental gymnastic mantra of "Don'tfrackitup Don't frackitup!!"

All they want is it to be over so they can go back to talking like a normal human being.

Ahhhh but they are not normal human beings, Ticky. They carry our hopes and dreams on their shoulders, and if those shoulders get injured and it stops them from playing, then they become cooked list-cloggers. It's a thankless sport.

Even though it wasn’t going his way tonight, he never dropped his head and kept competing. That’s was very good players do
Watching him live he's just got a great motor and always seems to know where to be. Contrast that with Bell (I hate to slag him off) who runs a lot, but just looked constantly lost.

Was super impressed that even though he wasn't finding the ball, Logan was still crashing contests up to the final siren.

He needs some time in the 2s for mine.

Almost looked like he expected to lose his contests tonight. He gets in the right spot but doesn’t seem to have the strength or confidence to win the ball. Plenty of effort but lacks that bit of arrogance or expectation or something.

A great prospect but I wonder about the sense in having him beaten up like that every week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We seriously can't be leaving this guy in the reserves if we want to keep him otherwise it'll be Tim Membrey all over again, only worse. Prefer him in the team over Armartey but Joel has earned his spot and looks like he will keep it. Logan will leave if hes not getting games next season

We seriously can't be leaving this guy in the reserves if we want to keep him otherwise it'll be Tim Membrey all over again, only worse. Prefer him in the team over Armartey but Joel has earned his spot and looks like he will keep it. Logan will leave if hes not getting games next season
The #1 pick only got his first game last week - in the meantime Logan' played about 6. Not sure why you're concerned that we're protecting a kid until he's ready.

Logan has a much higher ceiling than Membrey too. Basically his 4 goals and something like 14 marks or whatever it was in the reserves last week really demands selection.

Picking him just so he'll stick around is the worst reason for selection. Membrey played one seniors game for us in 2 seasons so Logan is already ahead there. I think Amartey is keeping McLean out of the side right now more than McDonald.

Logan is a 10 year KPF prospect and needs to develop properly. The club isn't stupid.

Picking him just so he'll stick around is the worst reason for selection. Membrey played one seniors game for us in 2 seasons so Logan is already ahead there. I think Amartey is keeping McLean out of the side right now more than McDonald.

Logan is a 10 year KPF prospect and needs to develop properly. The club isn't stupid.

True. However, we shouldn't hold him back just because he is a first year player. If he is playing well enough in the reserves then he should be selected in the main team.

True. However, we shouldn't hold him back just because he is a first year player. If he is playing well enough in the reserves then he should be selected in the main team.
Who of Franklin, Heeney or Hayward do you drop? Or do you drop Armerty and ruck Hickey solo?

Who of Franklin, Heeney or Hayward do you drop? Or do you drop Armerty and ruck Hickey solo?

I would personally play one of Amartey or McLean, but the player who is best in defence as he can go back there when not in the ruck.

As for who I would drop, not a like for like but probably Bell.

McDonald playing with Buddy is the ideal situation as it means he gets to learn on the go and have the second or even 3rd defender on him.

I would personally play one of Amartey or McLean, but the player who is best in defence as he can go back there when not in the ruck.

As for who I would drop, not a like for like but probably Bell.

McDonald playing with Buddy is the ideal situation as it means he gets to learn on the go and have the second or even 3rd defender on him.
Would be worried we would be too tall with Bell for McDonald though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back