6 Nations

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant game. These 2 sides put on a cracking match more often than not. They both play a great style. Hard, uncompromising and expansive. Really enjoyed it.

George North is a beast. At only 19, he is set to be a dominant weapon for Wales for a looooong time. Put him with Halfpenny (a touch less than explosive JOC but solid as hell), Davies (strong 13 who acts as a brilliant support player), Roberts (beast, one of the best players in the world), Phillips (one of the best 9's in the world) and Priestland (the strong 10 whose able to throw it wide Wales have needed for years) and Wales have the makings of a great back line.

A league fan primarily, but my faith was a little restored by a cracking Ireland/Wales game. I agree the penalty was harsh, but I reckon Wales shaded an excellent contest. George North is indeed a real talent; I'll bet he'd go well in the NRL. The least said about Scotland/England, the better.

I've heard some bad things about both of these matches, some diehard Rugby Union fans going as far as saying that the games were "boring".

What got to me watching the World Cup last year was that a lot of the minnow nations played in the same jersey designs with a different colour code. To me it cheapened it a bit, those countries should be able to deals and create a identity through their jerseys. France and England both played in full white strips during these matches as well, I don't know but it bugs me.

I've heard some bad things about both of these matches, some diehard Rugby Union fans going as far as saying that the games were "boring".

What got to me watching the World Cup last year was that a lot of the minnow nations played in the same jersey designs with a different colour code. To me it cheapened it a bit, those countries should be able to deals and create a identity through their jerseys. France and England both played in full white strips during these matches as well, I don't know but it bugs me.

That's more canterbury's inability to make good looking uniforms than anything else. Look at the uniforms KooGa made, Romania, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and Canada they all looked fantastic, especially when you compare them to Russia and the USA.

By the way the perfect place to bitch about these sorts of things is the sportslogos.net forums, although it's american, it's the place to talk all things sports logos and uniforms.

I watched the eng v sco and wales v ireland. Scotland blew it big time. A simple draw and pass and they win comfortably. If i was an england supporter i'd be happy with the result thou, it was a very inexperienced side they put out.

Fantastic match between ireland and wales. Agree with others penalty was harsh but probably there. For me Phillips is clearly the best 9 in the world. Even though Ireland is my second side, i was happy for Lee halfpenny with that last kick, as it was so cruel in the world cup when his kick agaist the french landed agonisingly short. This welsh team is young enough to really do some good things up to 2015. From ireland Rob Kearney always impresses me when i see him play. It was a fantastic game, where a draw would have probably been the fair result.

Looking fwd to the lions tour next year, they are going to have some pretty quick outside backs. The no 10 is still up for grabs though.

Agreed on the Welsh back line and Kearney. He is an outstanding player that always impresses me when I watch him. His skills under the high ball are just about second to none.

It'd be an interesting discussion to have regarding the best 9 in the world. Phillips vs Genia (maybe vs Du Preez). I honestly don't know who I'd pick given the choice out of Genia and Phillips.

I disagree with the Philips being the best number 9 in the world. Gets him self in to much trouble going on his runs. He is the biggest number 9 but not the best.

Personally think the best number 9 is Morgan Para really gets the backs moving and only 23! But Yachvili will get his last outing this six nations which is fair enough as he has been a great player for France.

If England don't beat Wales in round 3 they will win the six nations. Wales vs France should be a cracker.

2015 Will be interesting as the french backline is quite young and Trinh-Duc would be in his prime. What we lack is some second rowers though interesting times ahead.

France will need to replenish their backrow stocks too. Harinordoquy will surely be gone, Bonnaire too. Dusautoir will be on his last legs as well. Picamoles seems like a good 'un heading into the future but those first 3 are enormous shoes to fill.

Parra, Fofana, Medard seem like good, young pillars to build a back line around. Throw Trinh-Duc in (given he reaches a high enough peak) and France could do well with a steady coaching staff.

France will need to replenish their backrow stocks too. Harinordoquy will surely be gone, Bonnaire too. Dusautoir will be on his last legs as well. Picamoles seems like a good 'un heading into the future but those first 3 are enormous shoes to fill.

Parra, Fofana, Medard seem like good, young pillars to build a back line around. Throw Trinh-Duc in (given he reaches a high enough peak) and France could do well with a steady coaching staff.

We actually have good depth in are backrow.

Harinordoquy - Picamoles/Lakafia
Bonnaire - Ouedraogo/Lapandry/Nyanga
Yachvili - Parra/Doussain/Dupuy/Machenaud/Tomas
Rougerie - Bastareaud/Fritz
Poux - Domingo/Barcella
Servat - Szarzewski/Guirado
Nallet - Maestri/Fakaté/de Marco (although those replacement options aren't all special)

Need to get them some time in the test arena then. Bonnaire, Harinordoquy, Dusautoir, Servat, Nallet, Pape are all playing well still and deserving of their spots (despite Nallet being brought back late).

And Bastareaud seems like he is completely untrusted still by the French admin.

They will over take them in the next few years don't worry about that.

My worry is the locks tbh we have a young one coming through the ranks in Yoann Maestri. Who is playing against Ireland first start.

Yannick Nyanga (28) and Fulgence Ouedraogo (25 or 26) are both world class back rowers who will be starting once those players above retire.

Really no rush to start planning for the RWC for another 2 years.

Really excited for this weeks games.

For the first time ever I think Italy should beat England going to be massive for them if they can pull it off!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Parks has retired - for Scotland that better news than gaining Independence:D

a fair indictment on scottish rugby that a guy who (as far as i can recall) what just a solid, nowhere near outstanding, fly half in sydney grade rugby was able to play 70 tests...

i could be wrong as it's been ten years since he was playing, but i can't ever recall people going on about "how good this young guy dan parks is" when he was playing at easts, and then suddenly a few years later he started turning up for scotland...

a fair indictment on scottish rugby that a guy who (as far as i can recall) what just a solid, nowhere near outstanding, fly half in sydney grade rugby was able to play 70 tests...

i could be wrong as it's been ten years since he was playing, but i can't ever recall people going on about "how good this young guy dan parks is" when he was playing at easts, and then suddenly a few years later he started turning up for scotland...

Indeed its an indictment on the SRU that he was able to, but he cracked the side at basically are lowest point in the last 20 years and stuck around because Chris Patterson didn't have the pace to play at flyhalf after 2006.

OK as a short term option but he just kept getting picked and he never won over the Scottish fans with his play. Hence this is a retirement we are more than happy to see.

it would be great to see scottish rugby back. my old man's side of the family is pretty much entirely scottish from about 3-4 generations (we even have a loch named after us :)). so i always support them after the wallabies. it is a great shame.

i don't follow rugby near as much as what i used to, but from what i read it just sounds like the administration is just a complete shambles.

just flicked over to italy england. assuming that's snow on the field.... looks really weird though.

and in saying that about dan parks, to be fair to him, he can only play as well as he can and when there is no one better, there is no one better i guess. one of the tough things about national sport is you can just go and recruit a player. i don't really think he could've done much more over the course of his career.

Italy didn't deserve to win but they probably should have after getting 9 points up just after half time. The two tries they scored before the half were a bit lucky, but given they'd scored them, conceding a try through a charge down was pretty bad. And it wasn't like they were under a whole heap of pressure for the kick either...it was just after a turnover. The fullback really lacked awareness in the situation.

It's a pity, would have been a big win for them.

Enjoyed the Wales/Scotland clash. Only caught it this morning.

have they always done the irish anthem and irelands call before irish games??

i can't remember now, but i was sure they only do irelands call....

What a finish in the Wales vs England game!!! Congrats to Wales. I had woken myself up for the start of the game, then fell asleep and somehow woke back up again for the last 10. Think the right decision was probably made with the potential england try at the death, but man was it close!! Might have been a try too, but you just couldn't quite see for sure. Scott Williams late match winning try was class.

Just watched England vs Wales. Good game. Both sides tried to chance their arms and throw the ball around but both defences were pretty staunch. Glad Wales won it.

I agreed with the no try decision for Strettle. Just wasn't enough definitive evidence to give that.

God I love the six nations the England vs Wales game was quality.

Then the Scotland vs France game matched it with some great play and some massive hits. I am starting to get a real man crush on Fofana kid is going to be a gem.

Hey by anychance do any of you know if espn will be showing the rescheduled france vs Ireland game????

Been a pretty quality tournament so far. Some great matches. Wales vs Ireland the pick of them followed by Wales vs England in my eyes.

I imagine ESPN will be showing the rescheduled game. They had the rights to show it in the first place so surely they'll be doing it when it is finally played. The morning of Monday the 5th of March I believe it will be shown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back