Autopsy 6 point win over Richmond(wtf)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a week under the rules and no-one to blame but Buddy. Nothing dangerous in what Cotchin did (aside from retaliation obviously), but there was with Buddy.

I don't know how you challenge it. It was intentional, high, low impact, off the ball.

Anyway, now we plan to face the Dees without him. Hickey might be fine, so would play the two rucks and just have Reid, Logan and Heeney as the targets. Ronke should come in for Wicks but could see Horse playing both.

Still Hickey, Ronke, Blakey in for Buddy, Wicks, Roberts for me. Stephens sub.

Hayward a defensive fwd role on Lever.

At the end of the day it's an action that cannot be accepted. Andrew Gaff is probably among the fairest players in the AFL and a simple shove into the chest/neck/collarbone area that you see literally a hundred times in a match, accidentally clobbered Brayshaw and left him with a broken jaw. If that kind of contact could inflict such damage, a forceful, intentional action like Buddy did could do so much worse.
And what about the crap Cotchin was doing prior, why should that be tolerated? Watch the footage again Cotchin did his Logie winning act then grabbed the ball smiled smugly at Buddy and ran off. He was not hurt, he’s a conniving a-hole. I hope they appeal the suspension.

Last edited:

And what about the crap Cotchin was doing prior, why should that be tolerated? Watch the footage again Cotchin did his Logie winning act then grabbed the balled smiled smugly at Buddy and ran off. He was not hurt, he’s a conniving a-hole. I hope they appeal the suspension.

Cotchin doing something intolerable does not make what Buddy did excusable.

We have been bent over by the MRP this year, but in this case, Buddy is suspended for striking because he struck someone. It is that simple. There's no possible excuse we can use to appeal it. I'm sure we will and we should anyway with nothing to lose, but he deserves to go for it.

Cotchin doing something intolerable does not make what Buddy did excusable.

We have been bent over by the MRP this year, but in this case, Buddy is suspended for striking because he struck someone. It is that simple. There's no possible excuse we can use to appeal it. I'm sure we will and we should anyway with nothing to lose, but he deserves to go for it.
Agree to disagree.

No it was not correct - prior to the jumper grab, Prestia gave Warner a face chop that Macho Man Randy Savage would have been proud of. Should have been a free to us.
And what about Reiwoldt having a go at the ump- isn’t that dissent? - should’ve been 50 to us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a week under the rules and no-one to blame but Buddy. Nothing dangerous in what Cotchin did (aside from retaliation obviously), but there was with Buddy.

I don't know how you challenge it. It was intentional, high, low impact, off the ball.

Anyway, now we plan to face the Dees without him. Hickey might be fine, so would play the two rucks and just have Reid, Logan and Heeney as the targets. Ronke should come in for Wicks but could see Horse playing both.

Still Hickey, Ronke, Blakey in for Buddy, Wicks, Roberts for me. Stephens sub.

Hayward a defensive fwd role on Lever.
Cotchin head butted the chin of Franklin which is head high contact under the rules. He made the decision to stop and then lean in towards Franklin. Maybe they decided it was insufficient force but it was a deliberate act that resulted in contact to the head.

Not sure if its been said yet or not but on the final play Prestia actually gets Warner high (with reasonable force too) before the holding call. So it should have been a free to Warner. i.e anything after that is irrelevant

Not sure if its been said yet or not but on the final play Prestia actually gets Warner high (with reasonable force too) before the holding call. So it should have been a free to Warner. i.e anything after that is irrelevant
There's about 3 frees in the space of the last 10 seconds. Crazy!!:eek:

Cotchin head butted the chin of Franklin which is head high contact under the rules. He made the decision to stop and then lean in towards Franklin. Maybe they decided it was insufficient force but it was a deliberate act that resulted in contact to the head.
The arrogant smile of “haha I got you there” after the Logie winning act of throwing his head back (which he wasn’t injured) was telling. If Buddy really hit him hard he wouldnt have got up from the ground.

Why ? He’s still going off at the umpire. Others get pinged for just putting up their arms. Where is the consistency?

Because the free wasn't paid against them it was for them. Dissent is only a 50m penalty if the opposition team has the FK. It's like asking why hands out dissent at a ball up (when appealing for HTB) isn't a free kick for the opposition.

Just rewatched the game and man it was impressive. Richmond were actually really, really good. They didn't really give us anything. Very few easy turnovers or blatant mistakes. It was really like a final where it was really about winning as many contests as possible and turning them into scoring chains because their manic pressure really didn't give us much freedom to play any other way. Those kinds of games typically haven't gone well for us this year as we have struggled with contested ball and also our spread by hand. But the boys just really wanted this win. Love to see it.

Reid's game was even better on re-watch. I saw someone throw the "he only got two of his goals as a gift" jab at him on Facebook. No, he got those two goals because he was playing in front and positioning himself in advantageous positions to either mark the ball or be given a free. I don't get it. He's not a star, he may not play many more games for us and fair enough if you don't see a spot for him in the side, but how hard is it to just give him credit where it's due? People give me the shits sometimes.

Also on those two I cited yesterday, how fitting that they had arguably the two clutch moments in the dying stages of the game to help get us over the line:

- 1:10 to go with only a goal in it, the ball is camped in our back-line and Richmond are pressing. Rowbottom just wants the ball more, puts his head over it and gets it, earns the free (for high or push in the back, take your pick) and we're able to finally re-set and clear it out of defence with less than a minute to go.

- 30 seconds later with only 40 seconds to go, the ball is dribbling towards the boundary line in what is looking a likely deliberate out of bounds free for Richmond. Warner just gut runs from a mile away to create the contest and ensure it's fumbled over the line instead so we can re-set with the ball in our forward 50.

Just huge from two kids. Intensity has been an issue for us all year. Guarantee Horse would be citing these two plays as examples of intensity he's expecting in his team meetings throughout the week.

I noticed when Logan marked the ball on the back flank in the last quarter and Papley was one out calling for it around 50 metres from our goal. Him and his opponent were the deepest players. But he just kicked to a contest on the wing with nearly every other player on the ground in that area. Why not just step around the mark and bomb it down Papleys way, to give him a chance before 100 defenders arrive? Or am I dreaming and it was too far away?
Agree. I was screaming at the TV to kick to Papley

I’m ashamed I’d given up and that I questioned this team.

How good was it? That was a genuinely great win. Richmond played as well as they could and we still steamrolled them in the last.

Buddy looks as fit as ever. He deserves another year and another flag.

Our future is in good hands. I’ve learned I need to be patient about this lot but the ride is so exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back