Player Watch #6 Robbie Tarrant - Retiring effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

About your level of response as I already expected bc you can't argue the point.
it's a waste of time arguing with stubborn people who will not admit that they are wrong;)

last vital play in the cats game

Tazza was copybook, it was nicks job to spoil and great play by cameron even though it was borderline front on contact, and a good mark by henry....your theory is guessing and flawed..... if tarrant goes up in that tangle of bodies very likely the ball spills loose and hawkins does what choll did and kicks a piss easy goal.....one up and one down is in the defenders bible when its 2us v 3them, as it was.

but your blinded because you have never played the game and are clouded by your agenda against tarrant.

He's been good. Anyone hear Kane Cornes ask the question if he'd be getting a game at many other clubs? :rolleyes:

Yep … about the same time as he questioned if Cotchin would be getting a game anywhere else … it’s disappointing that these ‘experts’ have no idea Tarrant has had 5 goals kicked in him in the last 7 weeks …. 4 by McKay.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hey there’s another game that you’ve mentioned where he was poor and reiterating the deficiencies I mentioned. You know it that he cost us the Geelong game , but that’s just blind love covering for him. He’s been ok , but a fit 22 and he’s be in the vfl.

So you blame Tarrant, but not Vlastuin who was actually trying to mark the ball and not punch it …. what did you think of that decision?

it's a waste of time arguing with stubborn people who will not admit that they are wrong;)

last vital play in the cats game

Tazza was copybook, it was nicks job to spoil and great play by cameron even though it was borderline front on contact, and a good mark by henry....your theory is guessing and flawed..... if tarrant goes up in that tangle of bodies very likely the ball spills loose and hawkins does what choll did and kicks a piss easy goal.....one up and one down is in the defenders bible when its 2us v 3them, as it was.

but your blinded because you have never played the game and are clouded by your agenda against tarrant.
Speak for yourself as you're just a stubborn and can't see the truth even when the facts are produced. It's really sad how you operate at times where you attack posters with trolling and actually avoid looking at the facts in the post mentioned by them. Move on if you can't comprehend and argue the facts. It's so obvious that Tarmac messed up and most posters can see this and only a minority see your ridiculous point.

What’s the number one priority for a hulking key defender who plays on the oppositions biggest key forward? Curbing their influence on the game. Over the last 7-weeks Tarrant has performed his most important priority to a level of 9.5/10. Anything else like rebound, intercepting etc… is a bonus, as if Tarrant is doing those things well but is getting beaten by his opponent and conceding goals he’s doing a bad job.

Astbury retired ahead of time, and we needed a replacement. Tarrant’s last 7-weeks have been as good, if not better than any 7-week stretch Astbury ever put together.

When we got Tarrant as steak knives in CJ trade were we expecting a Rance/Scarlett clone..??? F*#k me.

Speak for yourself as you're just a stubborn and can't see the truth even when the facts are produced. It's really sad how you operate at times where you attack posters with trolling and actually avoid looking at the facts in the post mentioned by them. Move on if you can't comprehend and argue the facts. It's so obvious that Tarmac messed up and most posters can see this and only a minority see your ridiculous point.
tazza has been great, but i will be a bit picky, in hindsight coz we lost.... he probably should have held on to the pill after taking a timely mark and looked for/told a loose man to run back into space and chip it to take 45 secs off the clock very late in the game. he went long down the line instead, we really :mad:missed the undisciplined vlastuin in this situation as he would have been the go to man screaming for it.

tazza has been great, but i will be a bit picky, in hindsight coz we lost.... he probably should have held on to the pill after taking a timely mark and looked for/told a loose man to run back into space and chip it to take 45 secs off the clock very late in the game. he went long down the line instead, we really :mad:missed the undisciplined vlastuin in this situation as he would have been the go to man screaming for it.

Spot on.
About error number 10 in that last 5 mins
The world focus is on George, but his error is just one of many. In fact if any one of the stupid acts were not taken…we’d have won.

Tarrant was brought in for a reason and that was to replace Astbury with the unexpected retirement and i think he has done that to a very good level.
The flaws that are getting mentioned are no worse than Astbury's flaws.

tarrant gave us 2 years of room to develop Biggy , Miller & Gibcus

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BOG this week for mine. Hasn't put a foot wrong the last 2 months at all really. I could list 10 stupid things each of Broad, Vlastuin, Grimes, Miller did today all of the defenders were putrid bar Tarrant, even some spud I never seen before took Dan Rioli to the cleaners. Hope his body holds up another few years, the way he's playing I don't even bother to check how old he is.... 30,31,32,33,34???? Who cares he's killing it and deserves his spot. If I was Hardwick he'd be my 1st picked atm cos in the last 2 months who the hell else has been consistent besides him. He's played bloody well majority of the year and our disgustingly sh!thouse midfield hasn't helped our backs one bit.

Tarrant is clearly getting better each week slotting in fine actually good pick up in which I think we paid stuff all, our issue is the loyalty gifted games to some players has stagnated development to juniors this is why players such as Colman Jones move on.

Who would not be PO when George was continually selected regardless how poor game played?

Hopefully today is enough to make some people reconsider their opinion that we should have just played Miller all season instead of recruiting Tarrant.

Tarrant is miles ahead.
Tarrant was brilliant but selling Miller a bit short here
Miller did his job and played well

13 touches 6 marks and 92% DE 350 mtrs gained
coming along nice with Gibcus and Biggy in 2 years our backline looking good

Biggy - Miller - Brown
Rioli - Gibcus - Stack (if he pulls his finger out of his ass)
Ralph - Sonsie - Banks
Balta , Vlastuin , Broad , Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back