Past #6: Shannon Grant - Sydney '95-'97 - traded to NM for W. Schwass - 243 games for NM (301 overall)

Was shagga unlucky to miss out on AAS.

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was watching The Footy Show a few years back and there was a live cross to Thomastown (some local footy club/wheel thingy) and our marketing department sent along Daniel Pratt (in his first stint at the club) and Kris Shore. Nobody knew who the hell they were.

Anyway, Sam Newman says "I see the Kangaroos have sent out their big guns."

I was reminded of this when I saw the reference to Huge Foote. He would have been there for the live cross but he was too busy.

This seems as good a place as any to mention it.

Had Haley played a senior game?

Nah, Eddie pumped up his tyres a bit, saying "this is the guy that Brisbane wanted so badly they tried to get the zoning rules changed".

Sam seemed to think North was rude by only sending 2 juniors down to Campbellfield at 10pm in the middle of winter to witness a giant cat diving into a pool of giant fish, to pull out one with a number on it that would relate to one of the 16 teams that would result in Whiskas giving that team a few grand or something. I reckon out of the 30-odd players there, less than half would have been recognisable to the people watching. But we won, so we copped it. :thumbsdown:

Nah, Eddie pumped up his tyres a bit, saying "this is the guy that Brisbane wanted so badly they tried to get the zoning rules changed".

Sam seemed to think North was rude by only sending 2 juniors down to Campbellfield at 10pm in the middle of winter to witness a giant cat diving into a pool of giant fish, to pull out one with a number on it that would relate to one of the 16 teams that would result in Whiskas giving that team a few grand or something. I reckon out of the 30-odd players there, less than half would have been recognisable to the people watching. But we won, so we copped it. :thumbsdown:

You've got a great memory, roobear:thumbsu::D. I'd even forgotten that Eddie was compering back in the studio.

I can recall that one year there was only 3 players in the whole league named Shannon and they all played for North.
Shannon Grant
Shannon Watt
Shannon Motlop

Did Shannon Gibson play AFL or maybe ressies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shannon Grant to coach Bendigo Bombers
October 18, 2009 - 8:04PM

Former North Melbourne premiership player and Norm Smith Medallist Shannon Grant has been appointed coach of the Bendigo Bombers for 2010.

The 32-year-old played over 300 AFL games before retiring at end of the 2008 season.

He spent the past year as coach of the Frankston VFL side.

Essendon's general manager of football operations, Paul Hamilton, said there were a number of quality candidates for the job.

"Shannon has boundless enthusiasm and energy for the Bendigo job which will be important," Hamilton said in a statement.

"He has a good football brain, is a hard worker and enjoyed a successful AFL career so we think he is a good fit for Bendigo.

"One of the big attractions with Shannon is that he is fresh out of playing AFL football which will help him relate well with the players."

Grant said he had been given a great opportunity to work with Essendon's developing players.

"It's a pretty important role for both clubs and I will work closely with both groups," he said.

"Essendon has a young, developing list that could become a great list and the opportunity to be a part of that is an opportunity worth chasing up."

Grant replaces Adrian Hickmott who has accepted a full-time development role with Essendon.

jeez his coaching career will be over before it really gets going with these kinds of jobs

good luck shagga

Why did he move on from Frankston?

Not sure but at Franga he was one of only two part time VFL coaches (the other being Atkins at Werribee).

Franga had a tough year and are struggling financially. This a great opportunity for Shagga. Good on him!

Back