Player Watch #6: Shaun Grigg

Remove this Banner Ad

Wholesome story:

last year I went to some meet and photo thingy at a sporting memorabilia store at Southland with Jack, Grigg and Rance. There were heaps of people and I wasn't expecting much more than a g'day, photo, and move on. In front of me was a family with a few kids and Rance was fantastic with them. The photographer was trying to keep on schedule but Rance was having none of it and made all the kids give him a high five. Next was my turn. I'm pretty quiet and introverted and didn't expect anything at all from the guys. Jack was trying with everyone but I think he was a little overwhelmed or isn't a people person either. That's cool, I still got a nod and a hello. Rance was Rance, biggest grin, huge hand shake and really welcoming. But it was Grigg that made me feel the most comfortable. He was so chill, asked me how I was going, and when I was nervous about squishing in between the guys it was Grigg who put his arm around my shoulder, dragged me in, and he has the biggest smile in the photo. As I started to leave assuming the next people would have their turn, Grigg speaks up and yells out to me thanks for coming and to have a great night. The entire experience lasted for no more than two minutes probably but Grigg made it quite memorable. That photo is now hanging on a wall at my dad's house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anything that's under the AFL banner that doesn't completely suck?

True. But just how bad is that website ? You ever tried looking for stats on that sh*t thing ? Infuriating. Won’t even configure properly on my iPad. Half the time it crashes anyway.

True. But just how bad is that website ? You ever tried looking for stats on that sh*t thing ? Infuriating. Won’t even configure properly on my iPad. Half the time it crashes anyway.
Complete pigswill. Talk about amateur hour. I only use it for the teams on Thursday night. And that's hardly ever on time either.

Complete pigswill. Talk about amateur hour. I only use it for the teams on Thursday night. And that's hardly ever on time either.

Me too.

You ever been at a game live or another game is on live, you refresh the app to update scores and stats, and it just doesn’t update ?

A few weeks ago - think it was a Friday night game - I kept trying to get the latest score, but nup. Game had started 20 mins ago and the app kept showing 0 pts to 0 pts.

Me too.

You ever been at a game live or another game is on live, you refresh the app to update scores and stats, and it just doesn’t update ?

A few weeks ago - think it was a Friday night game - I kept trying to get the latest score, but nup. Game had started 20 mins ago and the app kept showing 0 pts to 0 pts.
Yeah, I don't even bother with that stuff on it anymore. It's only the teams and the occasional video. I use the Footy Live app for live scores if I'm not at home (or even if I am). To call it ramshackle would be ridiculously generous.

It's really quite remarkable how incompetent and corrupt an organisation it is. And because they equally appalling media is so far up it's arse, nothing will ever be done about it.

Is there anything that's under the AFL banner that doesn't completely suck?

OK I'll bite. Is there anything under the AFL banner that doesn't completely suck ?? .....................................;)

Good interview on the AFL website (even if that website sucks and the interviewer does as well.)
Definitely not my favourite interviewer however considering Shaun Grigg was the guest I did take the time to listen and in this case the interviewee really did lift the standard of the interviewer. It did hit home again just how much Grigga would have been missed on field especially in the early part of the season as we were down so many experienced players. It was fascinating to hear Grigga's view on the change from 2016 to 2017 and how much that change is clearly still having wonderful benefits across the whole club.

Well Geelong picked up a good one.

reckon he'll be back at some time. Very smart and has learnt a heap with us. See how the salty boys go, and then back home
I reckon working with Chris Salt will wear him down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back