Player Watch #6: Taylor Garner - “being managed carefully”, and the virtues of wowserism

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's best 22 when fit and goes just about as hard as anyone else on the list.

This is why I found the "lack of application" comments so puzzling.
Easily best 22.

Yeah I don’t get that either. I don’t think you’d even get drafted these days with a lack of application, let alone a contract extension.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Umm, er, what bullshit, TG has sublime skills, by both hand and foot.
His skills aren’t terrible, they’re good enough but he’s no Shaun Higgins.

I see him more of a raw freakish talent. He does stuff that makes you think how the **** did he just do that.

Then he’ll miss a target under no pressure.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sublime but he's so aggressive with his plays that he makes things happens that others don't. Kicking at goal isn't that hot.
Nah, he has sublime skills - his pass to Jarrad Waite in the Richmond final, his gather and quick hands to Boomer in the same.

His hands here set up a goal from the forward flank.

Horizons_00

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His skills aren’t terrible, they’re good enough but he’s no Shaun Higgins.

I see him more of a raw freakish talent. He does stuff that makes you think how the **** did he just do that.

Then he’ll miss a target under no pressure.
He has huge X-Factor and is capable of freaky things no other player on our list can do. He is a excitement machine and definitely best 22 when fit

I don't think hes had enough continuity hence why when he actually plays footy he is a bit rusty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
North Melbourne
He has huge X-Factor and is capable of freaky things no other player on our list can do. He is a excitement machine and definitely best 22 when fit

I don't think hes had enough continuity hence why when he actually plays footy he is a bit rusty
There could be truth in that.

Jasemon

Premium Gold
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nah, he has sublime skills - his pass to Jarrad Waite in the Richmond final, his gather and quick hands to Boomer in the same.

His hands here set up a goal from the forward flank.

Funny I had been thinking of exactly those two pieces of play in regards to his skills and flair as a footballer. When fit, TG definitely has IT!!!

ferball

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
re Garner's skills...

Remember that screamer v freo? Was he even off the ground before he gave off that handball? (Only just.) Was anyone else on field or watching the game even aware he was giving the ball off as they appreciated an incredible mark? (Only Gibbo.)

Can mark, can handball with vision, certainly not a shit kick.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Moderator #3,650
Except for his clean OH marking the rest of Garner's game stems from power and explosiveness. Even his outside running is a little awkward, like he surprises himself at how easily he got out of a pack and takes off like a ruckman bounding up-field.

Top Bottom