Player Watch #6: Taylor Garner - “being managed carefully”, and the virtues of wowserism

buttox

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Love watching this bloke play.
Big fan of his.
Hope he gets to play it would be great for our club.
Will he get rested this year during the season?
imo most talented players on our list would be bbb dumont ldu (in no specific order)
most talented player on the list would be a great thread title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caracas

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Kildare
Big fan of his.
imo most talented players on our list would be bbb dumont ldu (in no specific order)
If you are correct and BBB, Dumont & LDU are, indeed, our most talented players (and, who am I to say you’re not correct?), then I’m forecasting an imminent flag.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Big fan of his.
Why stop there, ‘most talented player in the afl’ as a title could bring in lots of nuffies to have a laugh at.

remfan101

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I love TG but I reckon it's fair to say he butchered the ball by foot at times in 2017, to the point where it undid some of his good work in terms of accumulation and impact. Is a long way from a consistent kick and decision maker, but I wouldnt be surprised if that was more his lack of continuity than anything else.

Still, no need to go overboard about his 'sublime skills'. Why not talk about his tackling or marking, which are the real features of his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ferball

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I love TG but I reckon it's fair to say he butchered the ball by foot at times in 2017, to the point where it undid some of his good work in terms of accumulation and impact. Is a long way from a consistent kick and decision maker, but I wouldnt be surprised if that was more his lack of continuity than anything else.

Still, no need to go overboard about his 'sublime skills'. Why not talk about his tackling or marking, which are the real features of his game.
Tackling and marking are skills imo, just not disposal related skills.

koshari

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone reading this thread who hasn't seen Garner play before, ie most AFL fans, would think he's a 5'5 with skills like Darren Jarman .
more to the point, anyone reading this thread has a few minutes of downtime b4 xmas and are hangin out for hot cross buns to be back on the shelves of the supermarkets come boxing day.

WesternRoo

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Club Oz Cougars
6 feet isn't a small height, and the difference between the two is like 1.5 inches.
Let’s say the original height 186/187 has a level of accuracy from the combine (which I thought Garner missed). I had a mate grow 2 or 3 inches after he was 18.

Taylor is clearly 190/191 which makes him even more interesting given his over head ability and pace

RobZombie

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jays, Leafs
Let’s say the original height 186/187 has a level of accuracy from the combine (which I thought Garner missed). I had a mate grow 2 or 3 inches after he was 18.

Taylor is clearly 190/191 which makes him even more interesting given his over head ability and pace
He’s taller than me and I’m about 182. I’d be surprised if he was 190+ though.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Guys,just saw TG, Luke and Libba Jr, with some girls, sitting in a park in Thornbury doing nangs.

There was a silver carpet of dead Nang canisters surrounding them, four feet wie and about 20cm deep.

Snake_Baker

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
Guys,just saw TG, Luke and Libba Jr, with some girls, sitting in a park in Thornbury doing bangs.
Update:

Apparently TG just rode off on the back of a motor bike being ridden by Jordan De Goey, whilst fondling a raw chicken named "Boris"!

upload_2018-12-15_11-28-9.png

Top Bottom