Player Watch #6: Taylor Garner - “being managed carefully”, and the virtues of wowserism

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnny99

Team Captain
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would play TG off a half back. He has speed. A good mark. Good disposal. Agression and plenty of it. And reads the play well. He would be perfect running of the hb line....I reckon playing forward puts too much pressure on Taylors hammies.

brettman135

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rockets, Astros, Capitals
I would play TG off a half back. He has speed. A good mark. Good disposal. Agression and plenty of it. And reads the play well. He would be perfect running of the hb line....I reckon playing forward puts too much pressure on Taylors hammies.
Don't think he is natural enough of an accumulator to play as a half back.

Tas

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There can be only one...
And the last thing we need is another HBFer, we’re also hanging out for a small forward that kicks goals. Garner kicks goals
He is 1cm shorter than Ziebell, how tall do we consider "short" or is short not KPP?

Garner's best season was 2017 where he averaged 0.9 goals a game, which is about half of Wood's output and a lot of people are shitting on Wood for some reason. We don't have any genuine crumbing small forwards because we haven't recruited any genuine talent for ages, a bit like outside midfielders for us.

Anyway, I hope Garner comes good, he is 25 now and he has made a career out of doing rehab, at some point you would think he needs to be able to stay on the park or it will be cactus, lets hope he can hit a rich vein of form before he is eligible for retirement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom