Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

If sober, it would be good to get some kind of update from Garner via the media team on how he is going.

re Garner's skills...

Remember that screamer v freo? Was he even off the ground before he gave off that handball? (Only just.) Was anyone else on field or watching the game even aware he was giving the ball off as they appreciated an incredible mark? (Only Gibbo.)

Can mark, can handball with vision, certainly not a s**t kick.

Except for his clean OH marking the rest of Garner's game stems from power and explosiveness. Even his outside running is a little awkward, like he surprises himself at how easily he got out of a pack and takes off like a ruckman bounding up-field.

Love watching this bloke play.
Big fan of his.
Hope he gets to play it would be great for our club.
Will he get rested this year during the season?
imo most talented players on our list would be bbb dumont ldu (in no specific order)
most talented player on the list would be a great thread title.

If you are correct and BBB, Dumont & LDU are, indeed, our most talented players (and, who am I to say you’re not correct?), then I’m forecasting an imminent flag.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Love watching this bloke play.
Big fan of his.
Hope he gets to play it would be great for our club.
Will he get rested this year during the season?
imo most talented players on our list would be bbb dumont ldu (in no specific order)
most talented player on the list would be a great thread title.

Why stop there, ‘most talented player in the afl’ as a title could bring in lots of nuffies to have a laugh at.

I love TG but I reckon it's fair to say he butchered the ball by foot at times in 2017, to the point where it undid some of his good work in terms of accumulation and impact. Is a long way from a consistent kick and decision maker, but I wouldnt be surprised if that was more his lack of continuity than anything else.

Still, no need to go overboard about his 'sublime skills'. Why not talk about his tackling or marking, which are the real features of his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love TG but I reckon it's fair to say he butchered the ball by foot at times in 2017, to the point where it undid some of his good work in terms of accumulation and impact. Is a long way from a consistent kick and decision maker, but I wouldnt be surprised if that was more his lack of continuity than anything else.

Still, no need to go overboard about his 'sublime skills'. Why not talk about his tackling or marking, which are the real features of his game.

Tackling and marking are skills imo, just not disposal related skills.

Anyone reading this thread who hasn't seen Garner play before, ie most AFL fans, would think he's a 5'5 with skills like Darren Jarman .
more to the point, anyone reading this thread has a few minutes of downtime b4 xmas and are hangin out for hot cross buns to be back on the shelves of the supermarkets come boxing day.

6 feet isn't a small height, and the difference between the two is like 1.5 inches.

Let’s say the original height 186/187 has a level of accuracy from the combine (which I thought Garner missed). I had a mate grow 2 or 3 inches after he was 18.

Taylor is clearly 190/191 which makes him even more interesting given his over head ability and pace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back