Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
No disrespect intended but Garner's looked 10 times worse than Goldy's. He could put absolutely no weight on it straight away. Goldy was able to albeit he was limping.

Yes Garners was much worse. Broke a bone around the ankle area playing cricket in an outfeild collison. Not sure exactly the bone it was i didnt really care tbh but it took years to come good. Fingers crossed for him as im onboard with him getting another year.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember going up for a mark in juniors only to have the opposition ruckman clatter into me and land on my ankle. I got up took one step and fell over. Of course, we were tougher in those days. After a few waters with a pinch of lemon i was jitterbugging that very night.

Garner will be out for 1. Then it's his 50th. He may have only just hit 50 games in 9 years but jesus he's been kissed on the dick by a fairy when it comes to actual contracts. He's going to get another and then appear on rippley's believe it or not hosted by dean cain. A real shame because he adds so much to the team whenever he gets on the field.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You don't see heels like that much nowadays.

No mate, very much an 80's thing with the double denim. :D

I was an RM's man back then (Santa Fe & Adelaide) before the inner city office dwelling types started wearing them.

I just did as had no idea

Cross between Cowboy boots and high heels...John Wayne meets Marilyn Monroe
His middle name was Marion iirc ...... Just googled it, his real name was Marion. Seems they'd already met 😉🤔🤠

Expensive.
tenor.gif

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I just did as had no idea

Cross between Cowboy boots and high heels...John Wayne meets Marilyn Monroe

1980's Santa Fe (as you can see Eddie Ford and I have more than a "take no prisoners" outlook in common)

1623730989938.png

Please don't confuse these with the corporate whore at leisure versions that exist now (below).

1623731165523.png

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1980's Santa Fe (as you can see Eddie Ford and I have more than a "take no prisoners" outlook in common)

View attachment 1155784

Please don't confuse these with the corporate whore at leisure versions that exist now (below).

View attachment 1155789
Now, I'm not a fan of RM Williams boots, but those ones at the bottom aren't Sante Fe boots. The current ones still have the Cuban heal.
You wouldn't be substituting in a different type of boot just to match your narrative would you?

Now, I'm not a fan of RM Williams boots, but those ones at the bottom aren't Sante Fe boots. The current ones still have the Cuban heal.
You wouldn't be substituting in a different type of boot just to match your narrative would you?
Correct.

The bottom ones are Craftsmen, which "corporate whore" types have been wearing for literally decades. Definitely well before Snakes was going through his wannabe cowboy phase in the 80s.

Correct.

The bottom ones are Craftsmen, which "corporate whore" types have been wearing for literally decades. Definitely well before Snakes was going through his wannabe cowboy phase in the 80s.

These are my cowboy rockstar boots of choice...

When I bought my first pair in Denver in the early 90s the old cowboy in charge of the store (dead ringer for Jack Palance in City Slickers) said "Boy you're lookin' at the Cadillac of boots". First pair still going.

Picked up a second pair in Texas a few years back.
aeda0fb98fb2ee219fafc4f03a41c52e.jpg

These are my cowboy rockstar boots of choice...

When I bought my first pair in Denver in the early 90s the old cowboy in charge of the store (dead ringer for Jack Palance in City Slickers) said "Boy you're lookin' at the Cadillac of boots". First pair still going.

Picked up a second pair in Texas a few years back.
aeda0fb98fb2ee219fafc4f03a41c52e.jpg

A pair might have saved TG's ankle the other day.

SammyRoo

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have busted an ankle myself (Cuban heel boots-Pub-Pissed-sloping footpath outside-broken ankle).

Which reminds me, any town planner who allows for a pub to be built on a slope, should be automatically executed.

With TG I hope its a case of "I'm right, tape it up"

“I have busted an ankle myself (Cuban heel boots-Pub-Pissed-sloping footpath outside-broken ankle).”

Was this the Lindsey Fox peninsula party Dan was at?

Yes Garners was much worse. Broke a bone around the ankle area playing cricket in an outfeild collison. Not sure exactly the bone it was i didnt really care tbh but it took years to come good. Fingers crossed for him as im onboard with him getting another year.

I’d suspect his biggest problem is the tendon damage he, most likely, sustained.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1-261312949a-mega-lutdf1903.jpg

Anyone have a pair of these in the 70's with the 3 leaf pattern typey thing on the top near the toes ? Had a tiny hole pattern on the top. Mine were a dark blue velvety sorta thing. Very cool 1976 👍

Back