Player Watch #6: Taylor Garner - groin issues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rooboy29

All Australian
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What’s the deal? Didn’t play a game last year and is still being managed?? Piss him off and put boomer back in the list. Has wasted a list spot for 8 years now. We know he can and play and has X factor etc but he never plays just move on

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still find it hard to believe they resigned him last year off for another 2 years off the back of another limited pre-season.

I’ll wait for another update but usually no news is crap news when it comes
to Garner. I just don’t think he had the body that can hold up to the rigours of AFL footy.

year of the roo

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Remember reading similar criticisms of Tarrant and Higgins and how they couldn't get on the park. Don't see an issue keeping Garner in the hope that his body might get there

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
With all due respect the injury issues that Taz and Higgins had are nothing compared to the ongoing issues that Garners had.

tazaa

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
The continuous narrative surrounding Garner and his hamstring issues are becomming a blight on the club.
This is a footballer who has never completed a full pre-season, never played a full year and has spent 75% of his AFL career in rehab.
Being a professional footballer you need to reliable and available and he is neither of those. Just can’t see where his talent value outdoes his availability value any longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
North Melbourne
With all due respect the injury issues that Taz and Higgins had are nothing compared to the ongoing issues that Garners had.
Tarrant had 4 shoulder recos, two on each shoulder. Tibia stress fractures, back issues, hip issues. Exactly 39 games in 7 years. So with all due respect, probably comparable to Garner.

B Tron

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tarrant had 4 shoulder recos, two on each shoulder. Tibia stress fractures, back issues, hip issues. Exactly 39 games in 7 years. So with all due respect, probably comparable to Garner.

Not really.

Garns has had the same issue, over and over. Thats chronic. There is only so much tissue you can tear and heal before you gotta just pack it in.

Heaps of fun

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Took Tarrant 7 years to play 50 games. Happy to wait a little longer for garner. Turned out alright. Likewise Daw, no injury but club continued his development for years. Went ok last year.

Daw has had quite a few injuries over the journey. Including a dislocated foot, ouch.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Milf Smashers
I get that, but not putting the line through him given the club's ability to persist and get career best footy out of these guys
You haven't yet figured out that our board has a healthy representation of pessimism junkies?

Here's all that matters.

1) He's good enough to be on our list
2) He's not playing at the moment
3) He could play at any time in the future and
i) Never miss a game ever again
ii) Get injured again

Worrying about an unknown outcome like future injury is a completely stupid, pointless exercise.

koshari

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Poor bloke was dealt a cruel hand regarding hammies. Not his fault but regardless thats the state of play. Nothing going forward is going to change that unfortunately.

Passmore

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
The end of the season is the time to make the call on his future, not 2 weeks out from the start.

Does anyone really have a clue on his current status? This could be part if a long term course of sction.

We just need to wait and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

tazaa

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
We laid 22 tackles on the weekend
There were 34 goals kicked
He hasn’t played since August 2017
That was over 18 months ago

If he can’t get up for a breezy game on the weekend in the JLT and if after all this time on the sidelines we still can’t get him right then what chance we ever will

I want him to be fit and healthy as much as anything but it’s the continual he’s best 22 but not fit storyline that renders the question on how long do we wait?

LuvtheKangas

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We laid 22 tackles on the weekend
There were 34 goals kicked
He hasn’t played since August 2017
That was over 18 months ago

If he can’t get up for a breezy game on the weekend in the JLT and if after all this time on the sidelines we still can’t get him right then what chance we ever will

I want him to be fit and healthy as much as anything but it’s the continual he’s best 22 but not fit storyline that renders the question on how long do we wait?
I think the question has been answered reasonably on this page - we wait until the end of this season and assess what happened, rather than write him off in the fortnight before round 1, before anything has happened.

Last edited:

billnats

Senior List
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SMFC & Tottenham
Funnily enough; if you asked me the following hypothetical:
A) Keep Garner and trade Wood
B) Keep Wood and delist Garner

I go A every day of the week. Both are cock tease footballers that promise so much but don’t deliver. But only one actually has genuine talent; Garner

koshari

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think the question has been answered reasonably on this page - we wait until the end of this season and assess what happened, rather than write him off in the fortnight before round 1, before anything has happened.
I made my decision at the end of the season. the 2017 season. Sorry. Hes gone. I have moved on. Then again how many people couldnt accept harps was done.

Top Bottom