Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

the only think keeping him in the game atm is a contract. comparisons against Taz are Moot as taz never had chronic soft tissue issues.
The comparison to Taz was that after 4 shoulder recos / tibias fractures and hip issues there was potentially a valid argument that Taz may never come good. Im glad they persisted.

Sorry let me be clear. GARNER should of been gone 2 years ago. The others if they dont get on the park consistently this year need to go at the end of this year. Say what you want, over rate them as much as you like, successful clubs dont carry these types for this long.

Still running this rubbish line? Go back two years to round 4 2017 and then check what he did for the rest of the year.

What he achieved that season would have had him on the list of 18 teams, unequivocally.

So don't talk s**t - you're reacting to him missing since then, but that doesn't justify the "I called this 2 years ago" rubbish.

Garner when fit makes things happen on-field but the ROI will have to be factored in at some point.

If his body doesn't come good this year, then yep, de-list.

If he can get some games played this year, then late in the season, there's a recurrence, one year or rookie deal.

Posting "COOKED GONE LIST CLOGGER!" every time this thread is bumped without bothering to check the reason, death penalty.

I'd rather have him on our list as wishful cream, then have him walk into another club and become a Degoey.
But those are not the two potential outcomes, are they?

The third -- and most likely -- is that he gets delisted, and goes and does something else with his life. Never plays top level footy again.

34 games in six seasons is extraordinary. Now into his seventh season and looks a real chance to even outdo Robbie Tarrant in the games missed in seven seasons stakes.

Tarrant played 38 games in his first seven seasons... and then played almost every game from season 8 (2015) onward.

If Garner plays a full season in 2020 then okay, perhaps his output will be as elite and important to the team as Tarrant's was in 15/16.

Does anybody seriously believe this is likely to happen?

The third -- and most likely -- is that he gets delisted, and goes and does something else with his life. Never plays top level footy again.

34 games in six seasons is extraordinary. Now into his seventh season and looks a real chance to even outdo Robbie Tarrant in the games missed in seven seasons stakes.

Tarrant played 38 games in his first seven seasons... and then played almost every game from season 8 (2015) onward.

If Garner plays a full season in 2020 then okay, perhaps his output will be as elite and important to the team as Tarrant's was in 15/16.

Did anyone seriously believe it was going to happen for Robbie at this stage?

Did anyone seriously believe it was going to happen for Robbie at this stage?
No, and that is the whole point: Robbie's turnaround was extraordinary.

Not something to use as a test case to say, 'look, if the club persevers with a player through six seasons of injuries, they will turn it around'.

Not something to use as a test case to say, 'look, if the club persevers with a player through six seasons of injuries, they will turn it around'.

Or maybe we're looking qat it and seeing plenty of similarities.

Facts are this:

- we know he can play, has played great footy in finals
- he has played long stretches of footy, as in, nearly all a season
- was re-contracted after a season where we played 17/18 games
- plays a position and style we are lacking

Tend to agree...the likelihood of us getting lucky twice isnt typically associated with North. So maybe its just blind hope for a Taz phoenix type phenomenon. In the absence of Im happy to rely on the medicos.

A lot of people are hoping it will happen - no one seriously believes it will happen.

Unfortunately for Garner his body issues have dragged on too long and he is now the very definition of a list clogger.

He will need to be paid out or at best go to the rookie list for 2020.

A lot of people are hoping it will happen - no one seriously believes it will happen.

Unfortunately for Garner his body issues have dragged on too long and he is now the very definition of a list clogger.

He will need to be paid out or at best go to the rookie list for 2020.

He is out of contract at the end of the year so immaterial.

Also, you don't understand what a list clogger is.

Nathan Hrovat, now there's a list clogger

He is out of contract at the end of the year so immaterial.

Also, you don't understand what a list clogger is.

Nathan Hrovat, now there's a list clogger
Garner is contracted until end of 2020.

There are 2 types of list cloggers

1. players who have ability to be best 22 but who are continually injured - read GARNER
2. players who are just not up to it but somehow seem to get their contracts extended - HROVAT and LMAC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garner is contracted until end of 2020.

There are 2 types of list cloggers

1. players who have ability to be best 22 but who are continually injured - read GARNER
2. players who are just not up to it but somehow seem to get their contracts extended - HROVAT and LMAC.

My bad, thought it was end of this year.

Still not a list clogger.

Sorry let me be clear. GARNER should of been gone 2 years ago. The others if they dont get on the park consistently this year need to go at the end of this year. Say what you want, over rate them as much as you like, successful clubs dont carry these types for this long.
I agree long term injury players that can't maintain fitness or have injury free runs are a liability to a list, but if they are young and developing, don't pull the trigger to early.

Whilst robbies turnaround is far from the norm it would be more comparable to players like docherty or Menzel who also copped a run of acute injuries. The thing about TG is he seems to have a cronic soft tissue issue which to date hasnt been able to be addressed. Whilst not reported to be the same thing all the time one would have to be pretty nieve to think they are not related. I have had hammstring tightness the last 5 or so years and have recently had calf issues. Iam sure they are related to sciatica i get as well. 6 years ago i wouldnt have guessed this tightness would be the norm. I really feel for garner because none of this is his fault. its just the cards he was dealt.

I'm not as quick to pull the trigger on blokes that have had years of injury, for I suppose two reasons a) another club will pick them up for zip . b) we've plenty of rubbish on the list that will never play a game. So if in this instance Garner became number 38 on our roster I can deal with that.
Agreed. That being said, he would need to play some 1s footy this year and next with some continuity to go past 2020 on any list

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jeez he'd be handy this week - his pace and forward line pressure would keep Saad and that mad bogger from Tyrone honest .

And his ability to play tall and small would make him a very difficult match up for them.

That's why we persist with Taylor, his skillset is perfectly suited to modern footy.

Any news on his injury. I heard he pulled up lame at games end today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It looked like he had both of his hammies put on ice after the game, can't confirm the ice but they were definitely wrapped in the plastic, so it's kinda reasonable to presume the ice as well. Looked like he also had his shoulders tested for specific movements. To be fair though, he ran out most of the game and always had the high level of intensity we know he has. Being it was a warm day and he has hardly run out a full game, it would be reasonable to expect a high level of fatigue. We also had noone on the bench for most of the last quarter. Lame? Maybe just buggered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back