Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

You really do feel for him as he's clearly tried to do everything he possibly can to give himself the best chance of playing long term for us

I don't see a way back now though. Such a sad case, he clearly has all the talent in the world and would have killed for the jumper

You really do feel for him as he's clearly tried to do everything he possibly can to give himself the best chance of playing long term for us

I don't see a way back now though. Such a sad case, he clearly has all the talent in the world and would have killed for the jumper

All the talent in the world, worked his guts out, just didn't have the luck.

All this said, he's 26 not 36.

..... into 2021 rookie him .......

As mentioned earlier, get him right for August-September and look out.

I wouldn't have any issues with that, but it has to be singles years from now on, unless he can get back and run it out this year.

He's 27 next year.

All this said, he's 26 not 36.

If list sizes retain some semblance of normality into 2021 rookie him and see where that takes us.

As mentioned earlier, get him right for August-September and look out.

his hammies would be paper thin by now. If he keeps going his post footy life may suffer

May ping a hammy walking to the letterbox type of thing

We’ve tried everything with him.

I'd say they've gone the surgery option knowing it's all or nothing. Have surgery to try get him back quicker to increase his chance of getting a game to push for a new contract

We have a pretty exciting young crop of dynamic players who can go forward and pinch hit in the middle. TG had a pre season and was left out for round 1. He has 19 games left this season to earn a contract for next year. If he sits out most of the year then time to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a young man named Garner
For North he couldn't try harder
But for years he broke down
Could not claim his crown
And became a ghost on the outer.......
There was a young chap named Taylor
Who didn’t want to become a failure
His training regime wasn’t the issue
T’was his hammies that were made of tissue
They were built for the legs of a Sailor..

Crap luck for the lad. I feared he’d struggle with his hamstring while serving a life sentence for murdering that Sydney flog. 🤨

Not writing him off yet, but the squeeze on list sizes will have him sweating bullets.

...or is it?

I honestly don't know what to wish for these days.

Just get him right universe.

If it is 4-6 weeks not 12-16 then could save his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back