Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I reckon Taylor is the most old school type on the list.

You could send him to take out someone and he'd do it without thinking about it.

You need one or two of these types in your side. It keeps the opposition guessing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne

You could send him to take out someone and he'd do it without thinking about it.

You need one or two of these types in your side. It keeps the opposition guessing.

I think you need to stop watching so much of Mr Inbetween Snake !

great show that it is !

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I think you need to stop watching so much of Mr Inbetween Snake !

great show that it is !

Watch it?

It's basically the moral code I have lived by for my entire adult life.

If you think Ray Shoesmith is wrong about anything, then you're the one with a problem.

Go easy lads, hes busy on twitter having a meltdown over Greta Thunberg winning Times person of the year. Been a rough day for old tef
Considering they’ve had Hitler and Stalin as Times Person of the Year, I really doubt SB is losing any sleep.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au

Like what hodge and Lewis did against us a few years back.
Really hope we mix it with every team and don’t cop the meek blowouts we copped under scotts

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Like what hodge and Lewis did against us a few years back.
Really hope we mix it with every team and don’t cop the meek blowouts we copped under scotts

I wouldn't include Lewis as I reckon he's a weak prick, but if you study Hodge you will note that he usually utilized physical intent when the opposition where gaining momentum. He's definitely among the smartest players of the 2000's era.

Moral of the story: Go to the line and then push it. Utilise intimidation strategically to short circuit your opposition. Of course, when you have the legitimate chance to take them out, you don't even hesitate. I see Garner & Zurhaar as our present & future intimidators. These two are Rhyce's attack dogs.

I had virtually a front row view of Zurhaar's attack on Liam Jones this season, and he definitely summed up the scenario that he wasn't going to get to the mark, and then automatically locked on to slamming Jones's body in the contest with serious intent. It was calculated & brutal, and then Garner simply steps by Jones like he was a bubble gum wrapper lying in the street, and pats Cam on the back. Ruthlessness personified.

What does that state to outsiders watching this? It states that it's 5 minutes before three quarter time, we're 57 points in front, and we're still going to hurt you badly if we get the chance. Psychologically, this sends a serious message to all oppositions.

Respect to Jones too, he knew what was coming and he stood his ground. He's no lesser man at all for getting knocked out.

We were the toughest AFL team on the park from this game (round 7) onward in 2019, as was acknowledged by a few other clubs.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wouldn't include Lewis as I reckon he's a weak prick, but if you study Hodge you will note that he usually utilized physical intent when the opposition where gaining momentum. He's definitely among the smartest players of the 2000's era.

Moral of the story: Go to the line and then push it. Utilise intimidation strategically to short circuit your opposition. Of course, when you have the legitimate chance to take them out, you don't even hesitate. I see Garner & Zurhaar as our present & future intimidators. These two are Rhyce's attack dogs.

I had virtually a front row view of Zurhaar's attack on Liam Jones this season, and he definitely summed up the scenario that he wasn't going to get to the mark, and then automatically locked on to slamming Jones's body in the contest with serious intent. It was calculated & brutal, and then Garner simply steps by Jones like he was a bubble gum wrapper lying in the street, and pats Cam on the back. Ruthlessness personified.

What does that state to outsiders watching this? It states that it's 5 minutes before three quarter time, we're 57 points in front, and we're still going to hurt you badly if we get the chance. Psychologically, this sends a serious message to all oppositions.

Respect to Jones too, he knew what was coming and he stood his ground. He's no lesser man at all for getting knocked out.

We were the toughest AFL team on the park from this game (round 7) onward in 2019, as was acknowledged by a few other clubs.

Collingwood, Tigers, GWS, Brisbane (all finalists) stated we were the toughest and hardest team they have played in 2019

We will be even better next year. Watch the **** out!

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Collingwood, Tigers, GWS, Brisbane (all finalists) stated we were the toughest and hardest team they have played in 2019

We will be even better next year. Watch the **** out!
This is where my optimism lies as well. Every year we'd go into round 1 trying to concentrate on getting 15 different structures right and forget how to play football. I never had much faith in our group to execute Brad's 'easy fixes', you always felt like we were just as likely to get completely lost and s**t the bed as to put it together.

I do, however, have complete faith that Zurhaar, Anderson, Garner, Ziebell et al will do everything in their power to physically intimidate the opposition, particularly in round 1. We might still get outclassed at times, but I think the days of getting smashed by the 15th side and walking away with absolutely no idea what we were trying to do are over. We all know what we're trying to do.

He had that all over us. He'd use physical aggression against us, not to intimidate us but to distract us when we were playing better footy than them. Did it against Jack early last season and cost us the game.

He was very smart in that regard.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Wasn't his fault Saunders was negligent in his duties and set the kid back years. As you obviously haven't played much footy let me tell you something. The blokes around him walk much taller when Taylor is out on the field. He is absolutely unconditional in his approach at the ball and man. You won't die wondering with him. Yet so many posters on here seem to go into bat for the blokes that time and time again dud our club with their lack of intent and effort. In 95 the Carlton players were polled on who they wanted in the side - Bond or Hogg. According to Parkin, the vote was unanimously in favour of the latter. I suspect the outcome would be the same if our players were polled on Hall v Garns or Polec v Garns.

Well in the case of Garns, if his body allows him, its not even a question that needs asking. He has some really class in addition to his hardness as well. With some continuity can easily see him and Zurhaar rotating through the middle. How would you like a centre bounce of cunnington, zurhaar, and garner just for a giggle? I think we are building a lot of combinations that can run through the middle and rest forward. The days of stay at home small/medium forwards are over in my opinion and we seem to be building a group who can apply pressure, are good in the contested ball(and mark) and can run through the midfield.

TG doing extra work at Arden Street this morning. Luke was his training partner. TG really stretching out the hammies doing leading and sprinting stuff, looks good.

By Christ the bloke is just a Natural Footballer, even doing basically high intensity kick to kick you look at him and go THAT BLOKE CAN PLAY FOOTY

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
TG doing extra work at Arden Street this morning. Luke was his training partner. TG really stretching out the hammies doing leading and sprinting stuff, looks good.

By Christ the bloke is just a Natural Footballer, even doing basically high intensity kick to kick you look at him and go THAT BLOKE CAN PLAY FOOTY
What clothes did they rock up in?
#stillgoingfromthenightbefore
:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back