Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos4eva

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Western United FC
Only saw the first half (will catch up on second half soon), but even based on that, surely he’s worth another year.

Tough as nails and offers an X Factor.

Keeping him is OK. 1 year deal whatever.

It must have a minimum games threshold for any sort of extension.

He looked alright in 1 of the 2 ges he was able to play this year.

If he was to get cut it wouldn't be because of ability. It would be because he's never,on the park long enough for it to.be meaningful.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Unbelievably, I would give him a 1 year deal.

I feel like a crack addict going in for another hit......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
SIGN HIM!

I don't care if it's as a rookie, just SIGN HIM.

On s**t money, but a trigger clause for a second on decent money with 15+ games in 2021.

SammyRoo

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hope he stays a year 👍

But Let’s just hope there are not too many off-season bender stories floating around this summer

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
On sh*t money, but a trigger clause for a second on decent money with 15+ games in 2021.

Just get him to some eastern block country and inject him with horse jizz or whatever that stuff is that will fix him.

8 years, 46 games. A couple of ok dead rubber games shoykd have no bearing.

If the club believes hes up to playing 15 games, give him a year.

Yeah, I'm on the side of the club knowing and valuing his ability and perhaps missing past games is not as relevant going forward.

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
So, the majority now view is we should keep him?

LOL, that was the minority view a week ago.

2 weeks ago*

2 weeks ago he had barely played in the best part of 2 years.

I'm one his biggest critics on here, but even I can admit he has something to offer the side given the size of the cleanout we will be doing.

He is a shitload better in the medium forward role than our skipper as a simple example.

Back