Player Watch #6: Taylor Garner - Signed for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Kanga Glory

Premium Platinum
Nov 1, 2010
arden st
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The cynical me , says contract coming up I need to play.
His body has seriously let him down.
Doing what he is doing now is he just knows what to do and can kick goals.
Hopefully fingers crossed Taylor is able to play the year out.
Probably needs to have one year contract

Snake_Baker

The one true King of the North
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Nah, but a former assistant coach once said to me ‘watch players in there last year of a contract they will want to perform at all costs’

I'm hearing you KG, but this bloke has walked the tight rope of delisting a couple of times because of injury.

He's fully committed and it shows.

the flying ham

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nah, but a former assistant coach once said to me ‘watch players in there last year of a contract they will want to perform at all costs’
I think he is playing like this because he is rock hard fit for the first time in a few years, despite his interrupted pre season with the calf niggle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Y Factor

Premium Platinum
Sep 28, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
I know he got up after having a bout of gastro last week. To perform like he did is testament to his character. Hates to lose, I love him. Stays in until someone is playing the role better.
If he stays fit and in ok form there aren’t players better than him up front

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If he stays fit and in ok form there aren’t players better than him up front
This is it, Any talks of next year are purely speculation not just for garner but any player until late in the season, despite our recent carrying of perpetually injured players ( and garner at most times being among them along with wells and jacobs) at the moment its more of a case of a bigger count of players with specific/non historic injuries.

see see

And don't forget the joker...
May 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Deportivo Wanka
No , players seem to be more dedicated in the final year of there contract.
I agree he is 100% shinboner, but he final year of a contract and the lure of the big money vanishing makes players push themselves
Being that he's on a one year contract, couldn't it equally be argued that he's in his first year?

Sphynx

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

You can't be upset with him getting back to this sort of form.

But fu** me, he's the ultimate cock tease that you just really feel like you would be better emotionally invested elsewhere.

He's playing himself into another 1 year deal and no doubt another 10 week injury of some description next year.

Remove this Banner Ad