Player Watch #6: Taylor Garner - Signed for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

leighlee13

All Australian
Aug 13, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just checked the replay (I should have done that first!) and reckon def ankle. He steps on Turner's foot and rolls it. Looks bad though, I'm sure your ankle is not supposed to bend like that. View attachment 1154427View attachment 1154428
I tore my ATFL and CFL and they told me I would have been better off breaking my ankle. My ankle still isnt right 10 months later but I didn’t have the facilities of a footy club to aid my recovery. Good luck Taylor.

leighlee13

All Australian
Aug 13, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Goldy was carried off a two games ago looking like a season ender and then it wasn't.
No disrespect intended but Garner's looked 10 times worse than Goldy's. He could put absolutely no weight on it straight away. Goldy was able to albeit he was limping.

Last edited:

Twinkletoes

Jan 28, 2004
Tender Touch
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MVFC, Storm, Everton, Socceroos
Is there a medical report yet?
I doubt they’d have the scans done yet if it swelled up. Hoping it’s more major sprain than torn lateral ligaments. I was hospitalised and missed six weeks when I tore mine years ago. Couldn’t put any weight on the ankle for awhile and it took ages to regain lateral movement.

Fingers crossed for ya Garns! 🤞

Snake_Baker

The one true King of the North
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I have busted an ankle myself (Cuban heel boots-Pub-Pissed-sloping footpath outside-broken ankle).

Which reminds me, any town planner who allows for a pub to be built on a slope, should be automatically executed.

With TG I hope its a case of "I'm right, tape it up"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giantroo

Bleeding Blue and White
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
I doubt they’d have the scans done yet if it swelled up. Hoping it’s more major sprain than torn lateral ligaments. I was hospitalised and missed six weeks when I tore mine years ago. Couldn’t put any weight on the ankle for awhile and it took ages to regain lateral movement.

Fingers crossed for ya Garns! 🤞
Was told he was on crutches and in a moon boot at the airport last night.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have busted an ankle myself (Cuban heel boots-Pub-Pissed-sloping footpath outside-broken ankle).

Which reminds me, any town planner who allows for a pub to be built on a slope, should be automatically executed.

With TG I hope its a case of "I'm right, tape it up"
Don't really matter where the pub is . you still gotta get home.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Regardless of what the injury is he will be delisted at years end.
Could have been a gun if not for chronic injuries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I reckon he should have been delisted last year due to his chronic soft tissue injuries however any player can sustain an acute injury.

Twinkletoes

Jan 28, 2004
Tender Touch
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MVFC, Storm, Everton, Socceroos
Was told he was on crutches and in a moon boot at the airport last night.
Yep, standard practice. Keep the weight off it then hit the R.I.C.E. treatment until it settles down. FWIW I’ve been told the news has been better than first feared. Recuperation and rehab will take some time but he should be back playing this season.

Psychic Roo

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2007
California
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
San Diego Chargers
I reckon he should have been delisted last year due to his chronic soft tissue injuries however any player can sustain an acute injury.
Makes no sense to delist him. Impacts when he plays and key third tall pressure role. In our stage of development warrants 1 year call if hes ok at year end. Replaced by who?

Lomas

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Makes no sense to delist him. Impacts when he plays and key third tall pressure role. In our stage of development warrants 1 year call if hes ok at year end. Replaced by who?
Even though it sometimes feels like we are chasing our loses with this bloke, I agree. Forward line improved as soon as he came in, and this injury isn't down to his soft tissue issues. I guess it depends on how severe this one is and If he gets back on the park again this year.

Remove this Banner Ad