Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought with H leaving we would have taken Grundy. Best ruck in the draft. A lot of faith in Daw and Mabon. Jacobs is good at 37.

We're on Currie fwiw.

Why? because they both play a hff/midfield position? If you had watched Garner throughout the year, youd understand that although he is similar to Harper in the fact that he has X factor... They are actually quite different players.

Please explain- strengths/weaknesses and what time he plays in various positions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE TAYLOR GARNER FILE

HEIGHT: 186cm
WEIGHT: 77kg
POSITION: Half-forward
DRAFT RANGE: 14-22
IN THE MIX: GWS (14), Cats (16), Freo (17), Pies (18), Dogs (22)

PLAYS LIKE: Nat Fyfe

"I’d just chuck my body in, I'm not afraid to get hurt. I can’t see myself being that outside guy and waiting for the ball.’’

"He’s mercurial, but he's got a bit of mongrel in him. When he doesn’t have the ball he’s an animal.’’ - Graeme Yeates (Coach)

He'll do me.

Please explain- strengths/weaknesses and what time he plays in various positions

Strong overhead, goal kicker, smart, can win inside ball, kicking is neat, but not great.

Jimmy Bartel early days, when he was more a flanker, is the best comparison I've seen.

What about the nickname "Fructis"? One "i" out I know. Jennifer's not bad.
And taking a ruckman (Grundy) with the first pick is stupid imo, we've done that before, and we've taken Currie as a backup ruck.

Strong overhead, goal kicker, smart, can win inside ball, kicking is neat, but not great.

Jimmy Bartel early days, when he was more a flanker, is the best comparison I've seen.
Sounds kinda Gunston like?

Sounds kinda Gunston like?

Nothing like him.

Bartel/Fyfe is the best one you will find.

According to SEN, Geelong were going to take him at #16.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back