Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Like to keep as can play, shame due to injuries, but can't.

Time to move on. Rookie him if we can sure.

As a quick calculation it's 103 vs 44 over the same time span on the list.
View attachment 961211

I've compared him to Taz as well and even as injury plagued and fork stuck in as Taz was he had still played more to the same point in his career.

We may keep Taylor, we may not, there is zero indication his ability to stay on the park is going to improve.

Garner is different as he’s had 87 soft tissue injuries. Unfortunately he’s never going to make it with paper thin hammies. He isn’t a robot and they don’t magically get better

He may get a 4-5 games and then his body will fail. While I love what he brings to our team, that X factor, grunt and tackling pressure unfortunately his body won’t allow him to play consistently

He is taking up a spot on the list. It’s time to cull :(

I'm torn on Garner. Yes he's hellishly hard to keep on the field, but that attack on the man and dynamic movement, hmm.

Reminded me of my much referenced Andrew Swallow 2017 games, where his body looked shot but he was the only bloke driving into opponents with any urgency.

Fwiw Garner looks in very good condition.
Torn like an old dollar bill hamstring?

I will say this for Garns. He looks ripped. I've never seen him looking so fit and LMac did mention they'd both been working their arses off over the lockdown.

You should offer your telekinesis powers to the club.

And you shouldn't ******* talk about telekinesis
fellow please, moving s**t with your mind
Try moving your moms outta the projects with your rhymes.

/woke.

Tho I agree. koshari if you have telekinetic powers you need to be sitting in the coaches box next to Rhyce.

Torn like an old dollar bill hamstring?

I will say this for Garns. He looks ripped. I've never seen him looking so fit and LMac did mention they'd both been working their arses off over the lockdown.

He did look much better I agree.

Plus ripping something other than a hamstring a bonus (in a good way)

One might ask why it's taken so long but I guess the whole team has looked underdone physically for years

If he gets through the next two games, you'd think the plan is to retain him. I'm on board with that.
Yeah you thought Black was good too so let's see.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you weren't on board with the "retain him" view last week ...

I was also going to quote your "Gone" post here, but it appears to have, umm, gone ...

(judicious deletion :thumbsu:)

Like to keep as can play, shame due to injuries, but can't.

Time to move on. Rookie him if we can sure.

He did look much better I agree.

Plus ripping something other than a hamstring a bonus (in a good way)

One might ask why it's taken so long but I guess the whole team has looked underdone physically for years

Wait, now you are on board with us keeping him?

Surely you don't base / change your opinions on one game? I mean, surely it didn't take Saturday's game to remind you he could play?

Anyway, welcome aboard the Garner train. Belatedly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you weren't on board with the "retain him" view last week ...

I was also going to quote your "Gone" post here, but it appears to have, umm, gone ...

(judicious deletion :thumbsu:)

Wait, now you are on board with us keeping him?

Surely you don't base / change your opinions on one game? I mean, surely it didn't take Saturday's game to remind you he could play?

Anyway, welcome aboard the Garner train. Belatedly.

In short.

No.

Delist and I've had that opinion before this year.

Rookie if we can as yes I agree he shows more than some that just need to go full stop.

Last edited:
tbh we offer to many lifelines to injury plagued players.
the results are obvious. ie our injury list this year.
hes good. his 2017 year was great.
i just cant see how hes not a list clogger if he can only get on the park for 10 games a year.
its sad but time to move on imo.
Especially with list size reductions.
we just cant carry him.

Fair enough, I misinterpreted your call to rookie him.

He's on a knife's edge, no doubt, and I don't know which way it will fall. But I hope we keep him on the list.

Rookie him importantly opens a list spot for a young player - I'm fine with that, he has talent and I know you rate him.

You may be right and internally rated higher than I do. Either way it won't bother me too much with such a big cull coming.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played some really good footy off the back of very little preparation. If what has been said about him rocking up at the start of the year in ripping nick is true then I think he's every chance to go around again. Serious question marks over his durability, but It doesn't look like repeat soft tissue injuries have robbed him of too much thus far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back