Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s always been fantastic. Never questioned that. Not being able to showcase that in under 50 games for his long career is the issue.

He does look lean and strong. Pls stay fit

He's 27.

Do you reckon we could get a 3rd round pick for him?

The cynical me , says contract coming up I need to play.
His body has seriously let him down.
Doing what he is doing now is he just knows what to do and can kick goals.
Hopefully fingers crossed Taylor is able to play the year out.
Probably needs to have one year contract

Nah, but a former assistant coach once said to me ‘watch players in there last year of a contract they will want to perform at all costs’

I'm hearing you KG, but this bloke has walked the tight rope of delisting a couple of times because of injury.

He's fully committed and it shows.

Nah, but a former assistant coach once said to me ‘watch players in there last year of a contract they will want to perform at all costs’
I think he is playing like this because he is rock hard fit for the first time in a few years, despite his interrupted pre season with the calf niggle

I think he is playing like this because he is rock hard fit for the first time in a few years, despite his interrupted pre season with the calf niggle
he's tougher than a steel cable at the minute; some of his smacking tackles in the 2s on the way to a recall made the ground shake

He's on a one year contract now

Playing a role we really really need. Hits up and connects. Solid inside 50 pressure. Finishes. Finds space to receive inside 50 kicks. Very happy for him after a sh*t run with injury.

Finishes is crucial here. His set shots got a bit shaky there, this year been really good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're suggesting he gets deliberately injured outside of contract years?

No , players seem to be more dedicated in the final year of there contract.
I agree he is 100% shinboner, but he final year of a contract and the lure of the big money vanishing makes players push themselves

If he stays fit and in ok form there aren’t players better than him up front
This is it, Any talks of next year are purely speculation not just for garner but any player until late in the season, despite our recent carrying of perpetually injured players ( and garner at most times being among them along with wells and jacobs) at the moment its more of a case of a bigger count of players with specific/non historic injuries.

No , players seem to be more dedicated in the final year of there contract.
I agree he is 100% shinboner, but he final year of a contract and the lure of the big money vanishing makes players push themselves
Being that he's on a one year contract, couldn't it equally be argued that he's in his first year?

You can't be upset with him getting back to this sort of form.

But * me, he's the ultimate utensil tease that you just really feel like you would be better emotionally invested elsewhere.

He's playing himself into another 1 year deal and no doubt another 10 week injury of some description next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back