Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not getting roped in again. Not until he notches up at least 5 games this year. Both fyfe and I still have night terrors from when Garner took fyfe down like a lion vs. a gazelle.

2nd to goldie when it comes to getting it together when contract talks are on the horizon. Garner's cells bond with Adamantium at the right time. If we signed him up to rolling 3 game contracts he'd probably win the brownlow. Make it happen Euge.

I'm not getting roped in again. Not until he notches up at least 5 games this year. Both fyfe and I still have night terrors from when Garner took fyfe down like a lion vs. a gazelle.

2nd to goldie when it comes to getting it together when contract talks are on the horizon. Garner's cells bond with Adamantium at the right time. If we signed him up to rolling 3 game contracts he'd probably win the brownlow. Make it happen Euge.

He should definitely be on one year deals.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah, replace him with another 13 year old.

It’s not that I want to see the back of him, love him as a footballer, but he hasn’t been able to stay on the park. I’d be wrapt if he played the rest of his career at North without the injury issues that have plagued him, but to offer him a longer term would be terrible list management...unless they know his body breaking down is behind him.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He strikes as the type of bloke who’d almost be embarrassed to take another 2 years. Reckon TG would be happy on 1 year deals for the rest of his career.

Of course he would take it and if he runs out the season at the current rate he'll have 30+ goals under his belt.

It all comes down to how he runs out the year.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Of course he would take it and if he runs out the season at the current rate he'll have 30+ goals under his belt.

It all comes down to how he runs out the year.
Yeah dunno.....possibly. As I said, he just strikes me as a bloke who wants earn everything......think he would feel he owes NMFC, which is not out of the question.

Given Taylor's involvement with our AFLW team, especially the initial list build, I doubt he'd leave the club un til that piece of business is finished.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
"I still follow the club and I get frustrated. He’s not like me because I was different and I’ve never met him, but that number six, (Taylor) Garner. I love the way he plays football. He reminds me of an old-fashioned footballer, he just goes at the ball hard. He lopes along like he’s running at half pace and makes it look effortless, but he’s a guy who I really admire and he would’ve survived quite clearly in our day just because of the way he goes about it. All old players have someone they like, and he’s my pick." - John Burns (NMFC 1975 premiership centreman)

CharlieMortdecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"I still follow the club and I get frustrated. He’s not like me because I was different and I’ve never met him, but that number six, (Taylor) Garner. I love the way he plays football. He reminds me of an old-fashioned footballer, he just goes at the ball hard. He lopes along like he’s running at half pace and makes it look effortless, but he’s a guy who I really admire and he would’ve survived quite clearly in our day just because of the way he goes about it. All old players have someone they like, and he’s my pick." - John Burns (NMFC 1975 premiership centreman)
Where's the quote from Tef?

Back